Who has seen Le Vallee, More, or Zabriskie Point?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Who has seen Le Vallee, More, or Zabriskie Point?

Post by Richter_M. »

I haven't seen any of them, and I'm wondering if they are worth looking into. Who's seen them, and what are your thoughts on them as films (not just on the soundtracks). What's the best way to find them, ebay? And if this is a common question here, I apologize.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I've seen Zabriskie Point - the only one of the three PF related films that's been shown on British TV. Well, in living memory, anyway... I rather like it. I love the use of 'Crumbling Land' - it accompanies some people driving in a desert. It's a pleasant experience. A few riot scenes, though - would have been great to hear 'Riot Scene' a.k.a. 'Violent Sequence' over these images... I think you can get all three from Amazon! Definitely the first two. I'm going to order them quite soon.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

The only one i saw was the one with the heroin addicts (More?). The flick sucked but the music was worth the watch at least one time.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

ABOUT MORE, THE MOVIES

Post by white rabbit »

:shock:
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE SAYS THAT THE MOVIE SUCKS...
YOU MUST TAKE IN ACCOUNT THE TIME CONTEXT WHEN THE MOVIES WERE FILMED.
I HAVE MORE IN VHS AND THE MUSIC SOUNDS GREAT.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Re: ABOUT MORE, THE MOVIES

Post by bong »

dove wrote::shock:
I LIKE MOVIES TOO THEY'RE GREAT I'VE NEVER SEEN MORE OR ANY OF THOSE OTHERS BUT I WANT TO I WISH I COULD ORDER THEM FROM SOMEWHERE BUT I'D ALSO NEED A CREDIT CARD TOO .
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:shock: The prices on those on amazon are crazy!!!! Way over priced.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Re: ABOUT MORE, THE MOVIES

Post by grateful pink »

dove wrote::shock:
Sorry...I saw that movie in the theaters (a midnight movie for us stoners) a couple of years after it came out. The music was great and it fit the scenes (as i said previously) but for what i remember (Jeez, you're asking me to go back almost 30 yrs) it was kind of slow moving and boring. Not that much plot but alot of ambience. If you think 2 heroin addicts in love (again from a faraway memory) is interesting, then this movie is for you.

If that is all that stuck with me from the movie besides the music, for me, it was not that good. Your opinion may be different and I will respect that.
pinktim
Axe
Axe

Films

Post by pinktim »

Have seen all three of them. Basically late 60's to early 70's flims. All three are good to a point, but, each is also rather wierd in some ways. Of the three Zabriskie Point is the hardest to actually keep up with and understand.

I suppose if one were into collecting Pink Floyd items these would constitute something one would want to have, if you can find them. Of the three Zabriskie Point is supposed to be the hardest to find. Out of print for a very long time.

Good luck if you go looking for them.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I ordered More on VHS, and I think I'll write a review after I've seen it. :arrow: