Quotes

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Quotes

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

These might interest you. They're taken from a book I bought the other called Rock Lives - Profiles And Interviews, and kind of fit in with what has been discussed in recent days.

"Is there anything more sad and unjust than a fake? Can you imagine the disappointment in learning you'd spent your savings on a false Magritte or a fraudulent John Lennon manuscript? Not to mention the spiritual trust and emotion people invest in the symbolic power of my name."

- Roger Waters

:arrow:

"I've been working on my career with Pink Floyd for twenty years - since 1968. I'm forty-four now, too old to start all over again at this stage of my career, and I don't see any reason why I should. Pink Floyd is not some sacred or hallowed thing that never made bad or boring records in the past. And I'm not destroying anything by trying to carry on!"

- David Gilmour

"You learn nothing from a lie. Even as you discover a deliberate untruth, it always only confirms what you already knew but refused to face."

- Roger Waters.

"I don't share Roger's sense of angst about music and the world. If I did, maybe we would have come to an agreement on our dispute. While Roger's acted dumbly and isolated himself, I've discovered new strength with the extra work load I've had to put on myself in this last year. But like him, I did several solo LPs myself and made no demands on anyone when I did. Granted, I did less work with Pink Floyd back in the old days, but that was something Roger was forcing. And now the poor chap has lost his whip hand!"

- David Gilmour

"Roger comes up with the concepts - he's the preacher of the group and spends more time home writing with Pink Floyd in mind. We get along fine. I know what I give to our sound, and he knows it, too. It's not a question of him forcing his ideas on us. I get my ideas across as much as I want to. They would use more of my music if I wrote it."

- David Gilmour

"...After long thought on this mess and the mountain of falsehoods that this scheming bunch has created, I'm now going to divulge the cold, hard, indisputable facts. Please do feel free to go back to any of the parties mentioned about their side of the story. I think you'll stop them dead in their sneaky tracks."

- Roger Waters

"On August 4 of '87, I had a meeting with Dave on the Astoria, his houseboat-recording studio that's anchored on the Thames, because we were still trying to settle our differences. Dave told me himself that he still had no respect for either Wright or Mason, but that they were useful to him... At least Rick knows it's just a payday. Nick Mason goes around acting like Pink Floyd might really be a functioning tour band."

- Roger Waters

"[For The Wall shows] we had hired Willy Wilson as a drummer to keep time because we needed a drummer who could keep proper time."

- Roger Waters

"I don't see any reason why I should stop. It took decades of care and feeding for Pink Floyd to find its loyal audience, and I won't throw in the towel, especially after Lapse of Reason has been such a huge success. Roger doesn't have the right at present to tell me what to do with my life, although he believes that he does. And he'll not ruin my career, although lately he's been trying to."

- David Gilmour

"The main difference between me and David Gilmour is that, when it comes time for him to finally confess his dishonest... venture to the world, I'll at least have the justice of a solid, credible head start on him. That's the benefit of putting your own good name on your work. If people do decide they enjoy it, they always know who to thank and where to find you."

- Roger Waters

:o
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Quotes

Post by Tommy »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:"You learn nothing from a lie. Even as you discover a deliberate untruth, it always only confirms what you already knew but refused to face."

- Roger Waters.
thats a good quote, i liek that
Neil

Re: Quotes

Post by Neil »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:"On August 4 of '87, I had a meeting with Dave on the Astoria, his houseboat-recording studio that's anchored on the Thames, because we were still trying to settle our differences. Dave told me himself that he still had no respect for either Wright or Mason, but that they were useful to him... At least Rick knows it's just a payday. Nick Mason goes around acting like Pink Floyd might really be a functioning tour band."
:shock: Rog is no angel, but that is plain nasty of Dave if that's true..
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I think it is true, simply because I don't believe Roger Waters would lie like that. Oh well, whatever, t'is past...