Echoes the best of Pink Floyd on vinyl

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Echoes the best of Pink Floyd on vinyl

Post by wgmw »

I found this 4 lp set at a local record store. I am going to buy it today. They want 50 american dollars for it. I can't find much info on it and was wondering if it is rare and if so how rare. I mean how many copies of this lp are out there.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I saw it when I visited Germany in April 2002. Good to see. Glossy. Mmm. Plus - different tracklisting! They had to acommodate Echoes and kind of work around it. Report back on the sound and stuff, eh? :)
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

I just walked in the door with it. The tracklist is different.
Echoes and Hey You are on record 1 side b.
I will get around to hearing it just as soon as I drag my record player out wherever the hell it is. But my question remains how many of these were pressed on vinyl. It does'nt say anything except made in holland and the cat. # is 5361111. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can find the info.
The packaging is amazing by the way.
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

It sounds great. I was born in 79 so you can say I don't know much about records but the sound quality to me is outstanding.
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

HMV.co.uk are flogging it for £36.99, there's no mention of it being a limited edition but I wouldn't hold it as gospel - they reckon DSoTM was first released in 1963! (see SACD details)
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

Okay. I found the info here http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/. It does'nt give an exact amount of how many vinyls were pressed but they believe only a few thousand. that's rare isn't it.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

wgmw wrote:Okay. I found the info here http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/. It does'nt give an exact amount of how many vinyls were pressed but they believe only a few thousand. that's rare isn't it.
I knew I should have bought it. :cry: