New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
fuzzarrow
Embryo
Embryo

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by fuzzarrow » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Hey! I'm also new. Not that new to Floyd but then again, the more I read and learn about them the more I find out that I don't actually know very much about that. I hope that I'll learn a lot of new things here - particularly about heir concerts and stuff. is there a concert picture thread by any chance?

ledzep30513
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ledzep30513 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:51 pm

Hello one and all,
I am new here. I've been collecting Floyd material since the 90's or before can't quite remember. Although I do remember seeing "The Wall" in a near empty theater at about 2 in the afternoon the week it opened. Very surreal to a 16 yr old kid. I was hooked and have been collecting and listening since then at least listening till Cd's came out then both. I have one experience that I would think alot of fans have not had, I have actually been to Pompeii and walk the Amphitheatre they played in, in 1971. It's one of my favorite recordings.

Jim

space triangle
Blade
Blade

Post by space triangle » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:07 pm

ledzep30513 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:51 pm
I have one experience that I would think alot of fans have not had, I have actually been to Pompeii and walk the Amphitheatre they played in, in 1971. It's one of my favorite recordings.

Jim
Hello Jim and welcome.

I once visited Piazza San Marco (St. Mark’s Square) in Venice,Italy. Pink Floyd played one of their most famous concerts at that place on July 15, 1989.