NPF on the BBC!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hey yo Stu! Do you happen to know what time the feature will happen exactly?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote:Hey yo Stu! Do you happen to know what time the feature will happen exactly?
I dont know exactly, the plan is that I will arrive at the radio station at 6.30 to say Hi beforehand and then take it from there, I think we're going to go into various aspects of Floyd as well as just NPF, I know Sue kicks off her show with a Snowy White track each week so theres the potential for other avenues to be explored as well, its going to be pretty improvised so it could last the whole 2 hour show interspersed with the odd tangent ;) I'll be gearing it towards NPF as much as possible tho and Sue mentioned on the phone that it would be good to let Floyd fans know that theres this place on the net where fans can congregate and chat about the band and get involved in stuff, she really likes the idea of the NPF community :D
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Fantastic! You're being interviewed too,then,eh? What a coup! Try not to say "knob" too often.Best of luck with the whole deal and well done to Patrik from Swedish Whistler for setting it up.Now we have these Cambridge media connections,how about a tribute show at the Boatrace sometime,or even,for historical reasons, the Corn Exchange?! We'll all be listening,as,I'm sure, will Syd,so no pressure!!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Mention some of the members here ! 8) :lol:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Good thing I got that 3rd disc up on yousendit.com :lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Neil1567/2 wrote:Fantastic! You're being interviewed too,then,eh? What a coup! Try not to say "knob" too often.
LOL, lead us not into temptation!!
jambo wrote:Good thing I got that 3rd disc up on yousendit.com :lol:
:smt023
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Awesome! Stu rocks!! Just finished on BBC Radio Cambs-about half an hour of pure Floyd and NPF joy! The lovely Sue even played Darkside's version of Money as well as some Floyd and Gilmour.The website was plugged as were the two tribute shows.Great work bud! Hope they look after you in the green room!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anyone manage to record it? I had no way of listening to it damn it!!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Nice one stu here a pic of the programme :wink:

i also recorded the show but it's a crappy internet radio recording the quality was up and down like a prozzies knickers :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Did you mention the Pylons?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

So.... does anyone have a recording done of this that can be put on the tracker perhaps?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Cool pic Jonesy 8)

Sorry Alan but due to time it was more an overall mention of bands involved in the tribute CD projects and a quick run through of the tribute bands, unfortunately this meant that only one song was played and that was Money by Darkside so if you're reading guys you've now been played on the BBC! :D

I did get it recorded and the quality is very good but the sound quality dips from the middle of Money onwards which is a shame, I'll mail Sue and see if I can get a copy, she did pop a mini-disc in to record.

Overall it was a really great day, arrived in Cambridge just after 2, found the radio station and then went off to see the sights, naturally heading straight in the direction of Grantchester meadows which we found out after lots of hunting and asking of locals that Grantchester meadows isnt a specific place, its actually a small village called Grantchester which is set in lots of beautiful countryside, I had my video camera with me and got lots of footage of the meadows and had a packet of Quavers by the river, spent quite a bit of time there in the end so despite seeing signposts for Ely very early in the day never made it over there, hopefully next time. I did fell I fluffed the interview a bit, few too many umms and ahhs but listening back its not as bad as I thought. Sue was a wonderful host, she made us feel instantly welcome and comfortable and was a lot of fun, she invited my friend that drove to sit in the studio with us and then extended the invitation for us to stay in there and watch the rest of the show which was a really nice experience that we both thoroughly enjoyed.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

the recording i did is proper crap i reckon stu might have recorded it or can you not listen back on the website and record it of there ??

edit: i was posting this and watching tele (the parole officer)and stu posted b4 me :lol:
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

This should be fun will listen to it
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I did get it recorded and the quality is very good but the sound quality dips from the middle of Money onwards which is a shame, I'll mail Sue and see if I can get a copy, she did pop a mini-disc in to record.
You heard back from Sue, Stu? :)