New Member Introduction

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
pulse-eye
Embryo
Embryo

New Member Introduction

Post by pulse-eye »

taking your advice, also demandet by politeness, i will hereby introduce myself as a new member to this site.
My name is Günter, i live in Austria, i've been married for 35 years with a son - Oliver.
I'm 61 years old and have been following PF ever since they appeared in the late 60ties.
I lived in London from 1969 to 1971, working in Knightsbridge, accomodated in Fulham. I spent lots of time at Harrods' famous "Way-In", where i used to buy all the latest records.
Just the other day, i stumbled over your site by accident, checking a certain topic at Google. (Thread from early 2006)!
The topic actually was the FEd of David Gilmours website, of whom i thought was rude and not at all cooperative, as are most of the bloggers there. I've only been blogging there since Mid-2007 and never got any response from any of the bloggers there. FEd and Bloggers seemed to be a clique, who wouldn't let anybody new in! So i agree with most of the post's on your site.
In May i visited the Crisis hidden gig with Amadou & Mariam featuring David Gilmour at Londons Union Chapel. I left the country a couple of days prior to the gig and naturally didn't know the venue, FEd was a great help at this point, as he held contact with me via Mail and Mobile, providing me with all the information required. He even asked me to post my experiences from the gig.
At the last concert i visited (Australian Pink Floyd Show at Clam Castle, just a fortnight ago), i met Werner Haider, who runs "Pulse & Spirit" the Pink Floyd Fan Base (http://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/). We discussed the change of attitude of DG's FEd and came to the conclusion, it must be a different person now, very nice, helpful, polite. Does anyone of you know anything about that (assumed) change / person? Was he sacked or just brainwashed? Werner thought, he (or she) must be very close to David, perhaps Charly, Polly Samsons son, but FEd told me, he wouldn't be there but Charly was, so it couldn't be him. Features Editor for sure is a fulltime job, so it must be someone either from EMI, or the DG management.
Thats it so far for my intro, let's see if i get more respect from this community, if not, it doesn't really matter, would be just nice.
8) stay cool !
mosespa

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by mosespa »

Welcome to the forum. :D

For the most part, we're all pretty friendly and respectful of others here.

Doesn't mean that we don't occasionally get on each others tits, though. :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

mosespa wrote: tits
11111ONEONEONEONEONEONE!!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Let's give the man a big welcome, after all I haven't such a introduction in years 8)

Welcome!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Welcome to the forum man!

This "who is FEd?" business remindes me a bit of the publius enigma stuff we had long time ago.

He (or she) was a rude piece of ass sometimes...we had numerous discussions about that.
What bugs me the most about the whole blog stuff is that another person is running David Gilmours blog, not the man himself.

Being a marketing/promotion man myself, my opinion is that this was a bad idea from the start.
You are a freakin Dave Gilmour. Of course you wont chat with fans on your blog for fucks sake.
The Gilmour blog thing was a needless venture.
A nice web page (that exists) should have been enaugh.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Some speculation from another site:

Andy Murray: Not the tennis player! He's a journalist/publicist who used to work for Elton John. He was the Ents officer at Leeds Polytechnic in the early 1970s.

Another person says of Andy Murray: He has denied being the FEd on The Word Magazine website but says he writes the front page news stories for davidgilmour.com.

Somebody else says: What I´ve heard is that FEd is a woman by the name of Edwina. Don´t know where I got that from though.

Somebody else says: Live In Gdansk reveals FEd under personnel Peter Robson "FEd" - davidgilmour.com. He's under the Thanks To on the last page of the Gdansk booklet Davidgilmour.com: Peter Robson (Jabeye), FEd.

Somebody counters that: In my opinion, the comma after "(Jabeye)," separates the statement from "FEd". The other credits are puncuated this manner.Thus "FEd" is still an unknown iddentity and long may that continue as we dont really need to know.

...good luck.
boo
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by boo »

Damn!t wrote:
always comes back to that, doesn't it???
:lol: :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

<ii> <ii> <ii> :lol:
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Bummer! Another misleading title. :(
pulse-eye
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pulse-eye »

Tits??? wrong gender!!!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Moved to the right thread
Faint
Blade
Blade

Post by Faint »

Damn!t wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
btw, hello pulse-eye and respect you, for worshipin' floyds, so many years.
griz8608
Embryo
Embryo

Post by griz8608 »

Having just joined NPF this is my introduction speech so to speak .. Im Pete,44yrs fom Doncaster,South Yorkshire in the United Kingdom,have been a PF fan since the early 80's.Music is my first love naturally,alongside PF i listen to Rammstein,Marilyn Manson and loads of other stuff too .. so thats me
Faint
Blade
Blade

Post by Faint »

griz8608 wrote:Having just joined NPF this is my introduction speech so to speak .. Im Pete,44yrs fom Doncaster,South Yorkshire in the United Kingdom,have been a PF fan since the early 80's.Music is my first love naturally,alongside PF i listen to Rammstein,Marilyn Manson and loads of other stuff too .. so thats me
Hey! Nice contrast in music :D (MM versus PF.) Heh, for so many years listening to PF u're worthy a new thread "for say hello", but it's OK, happy time in here! :) [-D-]
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Also, there's a nice little thread for all introductions :D

And I'll fetch it for ya
http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... 10&t=12827