Pink Floyd in Latin America

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Prisma
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd in Latin America

Post by Prisma »

Hi there!

According to the advanced results of NPF poll, I am absolutely out of figures. I am a woman, I am latina and I am the only follower of this forum who lives in Costa Rica. In fact I am the only one in Central America and the second in Latin America after a poll Floydian from Mexico. At least I am part of the second largest age range.

And here I am! :D

After clearing all the profile aspects, I am simply one of you all, a fan, a follower, one more who, as thousands, simply fell in love with The Floyd.

I became a fan quite late, in fact when they had already split as a band, but since then, things changed, as I know it might have changed for many of you.

I flew all the way to Santiago de Chile in 2007 to attend RW tour. The experience was awesome, beyond my expectations. That trip allowed me to meet the Chilean version of you guys. They also keep a very active forum, sharing information, organizing tributes, even translating documents to allow everyone in the country being able to understand what Pink Floyd means.

Those who might be curious, might visit http://www.pinkfloyd.cl Strong fan groups from Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela also exist.

Thank you Keith for keeping things up and letting us have so much information and sense, commitment and more than anything, letting us know we are more than we think we are, especially when we are minority \:D/ [/color]

Shine on to all of you! No matter where we all are, how or who we are.

Prisma
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Pink Floyd in Latin America

Post by Damn!t »

Prisma wrote:I am a woman, I am latina
Well HELLOO there! :smt112
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Damn!t wrote:
Prisma wrote:I am a woman, I am latina
Well HELLOO there! :smt112
We shoudda known you'd show up :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Why is prog rock loved so much in Latin America?
Prisma
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Prisma »

Good question.

First answer: Why not? (well kind of an answer).

Second answer: It doesn't have to do with location, but generations, information, going farther.

Third answer: I rather ask some members of the amazing prog bands in this area. They create new music, under the same range. Art is art. :-({|= And business is business.

Waaaaaaahooooo! I never thought someone would read my post ](*,)

Shine on guys!