Old Members Say Herro Thread

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
User avatar
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16505
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:54 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Cheshire, England

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by Keith Jordan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Now now children!

User avatar
The Machman
Blade
Blade
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Isle of Man

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by The Machman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am

I'M ALIVE!! :D

Man, who knew taking a month's break can be so refreshing!

To all you members out there who worry, I'M NOT DEAD! <ii>

User avatar
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 15141
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:41 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, from Black Books. In whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty.

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by moom » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Come in boy :D just no more sexy stuff, yes?

User avatar
The Machman
Blade
Blade
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Isle of Man

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by The Machman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 pm

moom wrote:Come in boy :D just no more sexy stuff, yes?
Amen brother \:D/

User avatar
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!
Posts: 3861
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Remote middle TN. US

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by Creek » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:42 pm

herro

User avatar
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8256
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Vortex spiral...its cool!

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by nosaj » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:14 am

Herro Creek!

Oh, and herro to you others! <ii>

Hey, by the way, I am not an old member, I am a little under middle aged...I think.

User avatar
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Gravity Eyelids

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by rememberaday » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 am

Herro.

I think I'd make everyone here feel quite old! Haha.

User avatar
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:58 am
Gender: Male

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by The Gunner's Dream » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:27 am

I would venture to say you're likely the youngest member currently on the board.

At one time there was a decent number of teen-aged folk on NPF. When Alan, PI, and myself joined we were all roughly 15-16.

User avatar
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 10913
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Edinburgh - Scotland

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by my breakfast. » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:56 pm

The Gunner's Dream wrote:I would venture to say you're likely the youngest member currently on the board.

At one time there was a decent number of teen-aged folk on NPF. When Alan, PI, and myself joined we were all roughly 15-16.
Now I'm 25 and a civil servant. Holy fuck.

User avatar
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8256
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Vortex spiral...its cool!

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by nosaj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:36 pm

my breakfast. wrote:
The Gunner's Dream wrote:I would venture to say you're likely the youngest member currently on the board.

At one time there was a decent number of teen-aged folk on NPF. When Alan, PI, and myself joined we were all roughly 15-16.
Now I'm 25 and a civil servant. Holy fuck.
Herro old git...a civil servant on top of it all, yikes!! <.8.>

User avatar
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:33 am
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by jambo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:49 am

I'm 27, married and building a house.

Going to be back in force now that a new album's been announced.

User avatar
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Gravity Eyelids

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by rememberaday » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:16 am

jambo wrote:I'm 27, married and building a house.

Going to be back in force now that a new album's been announced.
I remember you posting in my thread about cricket that you had tickets for the Adelaide match or something like that. The Aussies have been having a rather emphatic 6 or 7 months in tests lately. Johnson's rise has been rather emphatic, don't you think?

User avatar
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 10913
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Edinburgh - Scotland

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by my breakfast. » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:13 pm

nosaj wrote:Herro old git...a civil servant on top of it all, yikes!! <.8.>
Herro!! I'm running the show! :twisted:

Nah, it is a very unlikely chain of events that turned me from a fearless eco-warrior and part time curmudgeon into a civil servant and full time curmudgeon.

User avatar
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:33 am
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by jambo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 pm

rememberaday wrote:
jambo wrote:I'm 27, married and building a house.

Going to be back in force now that a new album's been announced.
I remember you posting in my thread about cricket that you had tickets for the Adelaide match or something like that. The Aussies have been having a rather emphatic 6 or 7 months in tests lately. Johnson's rise has been rather emphatic, don't you think?
It has indeed been pretty great for Aussie cricket lately! So good to be back in form and playing brilliantly, especially Johnson. I still have no idea what the selectors are doing half of the time, almost seems like they're trying to sabotage us!

It was very interesting going through the form slump that we did, as I grew up in the 90s and 00s with Australia as the best cricket team in the world, who would rarely lose a test or one-dayer. We won 3 World Cups in a row and 8 Ashes series in a row for crying out loud!

User avatar
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Gravity Eyelids

Re: Old Members Say Herro Thread

Post by rememberaday » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 am

jambo wrote: It has indeed been pretty great for Aussie cricket lately! So good to be back in form and playing brilliantly, especially Johnson. I still have no idea what the selectors are doing half of the time, almost seems like they're trying to sabotage us!
That all said, you guys do rely on some of your older guns to really deliver for the team - Rogers is 35, Haddin (who is really a beast of a keeper) 36, Clarke (bad back) 33, Harris (injury-prone) 35 and even Johnson is 32. Australia have fantastic bench strength when it comes to fast bowling (Really hope Cummins gets over the injury prone phase, he's really promising) but when it comes to batting I'm not so sure. Steve Smith and a couple of others look good bats though.

What's equally interesting is to see just how bad England have become. It's like their management and think-tank have completely disintegrated, and all they rely on is unimaginative captaincy and approach towards the game.

As for the Saffers, shame both Kallis and Smith retired in quick succession, they'll have to find a winning formula again but they'll do pretty well for most of the time. The Kiwis look real good too, rising stars. India, what can I say? Promising look but dismal,dismal fast bowling stocks.