Do NOT reply to Spammers/Trolls

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do NOT reply to Spammers/Trolls

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have deleted a LOT of accounts recently that malicious people/programs have created with the purpose of automatically posting spam links to the forum here.

Spam links are random posts with links in them for advertising products and trying to appear more "popular" with search engines to get better rankings (to get on the first page where someone searches for something). They usually look something like....
Hi, I am new to the forum. This topic really intereste me and I want to learn more. Business Loans Cheap.
Notice the use of business loans cheap being the link text associated with the link. Search engines assciate the link text with the web page linked to. This is why the spammers are doing it.

DO NOT reply to spammers, Report Them!

I have a special button I can click to delete the users account and all their posts which takes only a second. Unfortunately it can take me ages to delete loads of comments if you start having conversations with them and quoting them.

DO NOT reply to SPAMMERS!! Click on the red exclamation mark ! next to their post to report it as SPAM so I can then just delete their accounts to remove them.