Hello

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
markjl
Embryo
Embryo

Hello

Post by markjl »

Hello. I am (of course) a Pink Floyd fan and have been since perhaps the age of 14. I'm now 42. I used to wear the teashirts, black winkle pickers, bracelets, in fact anything black ! I was lucky enough to see the first Pink Floyd come-back concert (I'll try and remember where). I have all the albums and I know them pretty well I guess. I live in France but I'm actually English from public school background etc. etc. So there are just a couple of reasons why I relate to a lot of things that Pink Floyd have said and done both in music and film.

I decided to watch the Wall again with lyrics next to it and try and understand it better with my 'years' and perhaps ability to stand back from an album with which I was and still am emotionally involved.

I have started asking some perhaps deeper questions about what they were trying to say and that's about where I've got to. As I'm a UML fan also (don't laugh) I started this afternoon plotting the characters and stuff in UML !!! And I came up with these questions : Why did Pink shave and turn to the dictator role? What violence in him drove him to this? Losing his dad, his wife, his mother?

If this is the kind of stuff you're interested in and want to look at, let me know and if so, hope to get to know you (soon).

:-)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Hello

Post by moom »

Hello, Mark (I egoistically assume that is your name) :D

Really glad you get the emotional side of The Wall. That album has bits of my personal story as well.