The Pink Floyd Guitar Man

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Edinburgh Guitar
Embryo
Embryo

The Pink Floyd Guitar Man

Post by Edinburgh Guitar »

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. I am a guitar teacher based in Edinburgh. If Pink Floyd released it, I have it, I can play it and I teach it! I watch my Pink Floyd DVD's as often as possible with my fellow PF fan mates who are also guitarists. The last person who tried to put my PF DVD's in a shelf was shown the door, I have a new girlfriend now, she has been warned! ; )

Live in Pompai should be shown back to back, all day, on BBC1 during Christmas Day.
czgibson
Blade
Blade

Re: The Pink Floyd Guitar Man

Post by czgibson »

Welcome to the forum. :)

I do some guitar teaching as well, and I'll often try to shoehorn some Floyd into the schedule if possible. 'Money' is a given for the bass players, as is 'Wish You Were Here' for the acoustic players.

I teach a teenager who has just discovered Floyd and it's been amazing going through the music with him. I lent him Dark Side of the Moon one week, and he came back wanting to learn the whole thing from start to finish, so that's what we did! A little later on he came in having worked out all the solos from the first part of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond'. The boy's a natural, I tell you!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: The Pink Floyd Guitar Man

Post by Damn!t »

Cool.

Try to download some bootlegs to hear the geetar. Released official Floyd material is only top of the iceberg.

Some time it seems to me that Aussie Floyd never got to hear something other then Pulse and Delicate sound.
Hearing Floyd being played by these cover bands note for note just like on the record/dvd allways annoyed me.