PinkFloyd-co Coming Back To Life... on NPF

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

PinkFloyd-co Coming Back To Life... on NPF

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sandy and Joe who ran Pink Floyd & Co (PFCO) for many years and built up an impressive collection of Floyd related interviews, guitar tab, album information and more have now entered into their retirement. They also retired their website Pink Floyd & Company. Upon finding out they had closed their site down, and thinking it was a waste to lose all their work and resources on their site, I approached them with a view to hosting their site on NPF and keeping it for archival and reference purposes. They kindly agreed. Much obliged.

The site is now archived here > http://pfco.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk

Note there are currently 1,340 broken links on the site due to the web address changing. I shall amend those in the coming months. If you notice any broken links to major sections of the site, please let me know and I shall sort those. I think I got most of the major links sorted this morning.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: PinkFloyd-co Coming Back To Life... on NPF

Post by Stephen »

Really cool addition to the forum there Keith, nice one . :smt023
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Cool news, indeed. But has that site not been dead for the past few months or so?
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

It's cool that all this accumulated knowledge doesn't fade away...
8)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:Cool news, indeed. But has that site not been dead for the past few months or so?
The site has been offline, yes. Hence the reason for me offering to archive it on the NPF server. If it was not offline, then my offer would be pointless? ](*,)

:D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

"mosespa" was banned from the site apparently before I ever even tried to register there...so, will I be able to see this stuff? :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Only the static parts of the site have been taken over. The forum and other parts are not being archived.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:
moom wrote:Cool news, indeed. But has that site not been dead for the past few months or so?
The site has been offline, yes. Hence the reason for me offering to archive it on the NPF server. If it was not offline, then my offer would be pointless? ](*,)

:D
That wasn't the direction of my thought.
That part of the text was ;) Nevermind, it's just chit-chat.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes, it has been offline for the past few months. Is there a point I am missing? <.8.>
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Rather a hidden question - so no, you're not dumb, Keith ;)

Q.: What took them so long to give the site away?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You hid your question by not asking it? Whoa!!!! ](*,)

It is not that it took them so long to give away as they did not approach me to archive it. As I stated in the fist post of this thread, I approached THEM after hearing it had been taken down.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Oh. Don't mind me then :) That was just my curiosity, anwyay. Oh God, misspelling words again, am I not?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

When you go to pinkfloyd-co.com, the redirection message is "You are being re-directed to a REAL Pink Floyd Site!" :lol:

I hear that getting your domain registration stolen from under your nose by a certain Australian Floydian is quite painful after building up a mini-cult over a period of nearly two decades. The lesson: Be a good person like Keith Jordan, not like certain people who lie about a great many things (most notably connections to David Gilmour), make enemies, and bully children and adults alike. Put another way, karma is a REAL bitch.

A couple of us who were banned from pinkfloyd-co.com for no good reason spread the aforementioned mischievous idea to numerous owners of various Pink Floyd sites a number of years ago, way back in 2002 or 2003. It is possible the aforementioned Aussie got the idea from us. In any case, I am glad he pulled it off. Obviously none of this would have happened if certain people had behaved like Keith Jordan rather than pretending to be something they are not, and just being REAL you-know-whats.

It is quite fitting that this will be my 2012th and final post.

Love live Neptune Pink Floyd!

Signing off,
R.PITI
pfco
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pfco »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:When you go to pinkfloyd-co.com, the redirection message is "You are being re-directed to a REAL Pink Floyd Site!" :lol:

I hear that getting your domain registration stolen from under your nose by a certain Australian Floydian is quite painful after building up a mini-cult over a period of nearly two decades. The lesson: Be a good person like Keith Jordan, not like certain people who lie about a great many things (most notably connections to David Gilmour), make enemies, and bully children and adults alike. Put another way, karma is a REAL bitch.

A couple of us who were banned from pinkfloyd-co.com for no good reason spread the aforementioned mischievous idea to numerous owners of various Pink Floyd sites a number of years ago, way back in 2002 or 2003. It is possible the aforementioned Aussie got the idea from us. In any case, I am glad he pulled it off. Obviously none of this would have happened if certain people had behaved like Keith Jordan rather than pretending to be something they are not, and just being REAL you-know-whats.

It is quite fitting that this will be my 2012th and final post.

Love live Neptune Pink Floyd!

Signing off,
R.PITI

The domain name was not stolen, we allowed it to expire because we didn't want it anymore...which means anyone could then bid for it. We gave the website content to Keith, as a gift. Yes, he offered to archive it on his own site, but the reason we gave it to him was because like the domain name we did not want it anymore either.

For years our site retained the highest page rankings in searches for Pink Floyd. If our old website can help achieve the same for Keith, so be it, and good luck to him.

Sandy and Joe
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Keith Jordan wrote:The site is now archived here > http://pfco.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk
Yay!
Meddle Trivia Section wrote:Among the bits and pieces of music that came out of Meddle that were not used on the album, was Roger's 'Brain Damage'-originally titled 'Dark Side of the Moon'.
Sandy and Joe, good to finally know you, I always liked your site. Also I have always wanted to ask you about this little bit of info... where does it come from? Some of the Pink Floyd biographies? I haven't read any so I couldn't know, but is the only cyber place where I've found that info so far, so I've always been curious about the source. Thanks!