What To Do With Flooding/Spammers?

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.

What to do with flooding trolls?

Delete their account
42%
Ban them for 3 months
42%
Ban for 1 month
15%
Nothing
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 26

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What To Do With Flooding/Spammers?

Post by snifferdog »

Any forum is only as good as the quality and quantity of people who post on it, unfortunately. It's a pity more people don't post here now.
boo
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by boo »

moom wrote:I remember that time when I was rude to boo, though unintentionally
:---)
moom wrote: - that time I did deserve my punishment, I guess.
:roll:

(edited)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

boo wrote:
moom wrote:I remember that time when I was rude to boo, though unintentionally
:---)
moom wrote: - that time I did deserve my punishment, I guess.
:roll:

(edited)
1. Not lying. That's a reference to Pinocchio there, but I'm not lying.
I remember, the points of that post were to make:
A) a Shane Dawson reference (his character Shanaynay in particular)
B) one of my "oh so shocking"/"Master Of confusion"/whatever post. It was only later that I realized how dirty the post was and the shock it had caused was different, to say the least. Please remind me, have I actually apologized to you? If not, I should have and I'm doing it right now. And I can only try to assure you that I'm not that kind of person that makes such comments or actually does what it said in that comment. After all the support I have showed to many people on many occasions one could have actually guessed I'm rather different.

2. Scrap the "I guess" thing.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

looking at some of the threads like what are you thinking, what are you listening to etc. I sort of view them as egotistical threads where people really just post about themselves. Very little discussion goes on in them and people who just log on and post in all those threads and then log off aren't really offering much.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Oh, apologies if our respective egotistical posts offend you. I for one will refrain from doing so in the future.

Will I fook! :D
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

J Ed wrote:
not much activity from the brothers Floyd at the moment
theyve just put out 5 cd's of previously unreleased material
!!!five ceedees worth!!!
how much more activity does a Floyd fan need before they will contribute something on-topic?
Interestingly, the discussions really did come to a stop recently. What more can be said...time for fun and games forum I guess?

On topic: Just stick with the 3 warnings, then three month ban.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

ddebil wrote:Oh, apologies if our respective egotistical posts offend you. I for one will refrain from doing so in the future.

Will I fook! :D
That's why I love ya :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

J Ed wrote:
not much activity from the brothers Floyd at the moment
theyve just put out 5 cd's of previously unreleased material
!!!five ceedees worth!!!
how much more activity does a Floyd fan need before they will contribute something on-topic?
Something NEW would be nice.

Just sayin'.
snifferdog wrote:Any forum is only as good as the quality and quantity of people who post on it, unfortunately. It's a pity more people don't post here now.
Not MY fault this time. :)

I've barely been here...and when I HAVE been, I have been diligently conforming to the wishes of all of the collectivist morons who petulantly and childishly demand that I stop posting stuff that makes their little pea brains sprain themselves even trying to read, much less process.

Consequently, since my self-imposed month-long sabbatical a couple of years ago, the quality AND quantity of posts to this forum have gone down. *shrug*

Guess the fuckwads got what they wanted, eh? :)
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

It appears that even some of the "collectivist morons" have quit posting here. It is a shame, too, because at least they kept the forum more lively and interesting.

I joined this forum around the time of its peak- Live 8 and the year or so following. Some of the classic members who made the place what it once was do not post here any longer.

Some things never change though. my breakfast is still complaining and posting about his hatred for life and everything in it. I'm glad I'm past that stage and have found a more positive state of mind- though I suppose I'd probably be posting here a lot more if I hadn't.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:I'm glad I'm past that stage and have found a more positive state of mind- though I suppose I'd probably be posting here a lot more if I hadn't.
Well however I come across on this forum, I'll miss you the most not posting here for not being able to look at your avatar. 8)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There are more "unique" people visiting the forum now than at any time before but there are half as many posts per month. I wonder how we could convert these browsing people into posting people?

Visitors are up but....
Visitors.png
postings are down....
Postings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:my breakfast is still complaining and posting about his hatred for life and everything in it. I'm glad I'm past that stage and have found a more positive state of mind- though I suppose I'd probably be posting here a lot more if I hadn't.

You pretentious little twat. You think I'm like this in real life? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not the only one who uses this forum as a bit of a blog. :roll:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Posting's down? Time to revive moom the spammer :lol:

But seriously, in order to get people discussing, give them something to discuss; while the forum does not exactly lack topics, there is rarely news from Floyds that would keep people interested :(
Other than that, old news have already been discussed quite a lot.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is why I started the Pink Floyd history discussions to try and stimulate debate but not many topics are created. It would seem people can't be bothered these days. ](*,)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Yes, but those have been created quite a long time ago. I mean, have they been created before the downfall of posting?