Time For Me To Be Moving On

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Time For Me To Be Moving On

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Hey Everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for over 7 years now. It's been a great 7 years. But, sadly, I think it is time for me to move on. I have had a recent life changing event occur (and it's not a good one, unfortunately); something I have to deal with.

Thanks everyone, those here, and those who have long since departed, for being friends to me, for all those great music discussions, and just for something for me to look forward to every morning as I browsed the internet. Thanks especially to Keith for starting and continuing to run such a great forum; I will miss it.

I may be back someday, so Keith, don't cancel my account! But for now, I need to go my own way.

I wish all of you all the best,

Jeff
(aka Massed Gadgets)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Time For Me To Be Moving On

Post by Damn!t »

:(

Sad to see you leave Jeff.
You of all people have been a great source of music knowledge and guilty for reccomending us loads of great music.
I'm not much around this place as I want becouse of the tight schedule I have lately.
Dont be a stranger and pop in to say hi to us old dinosaurus of this forum.

I really hope things in your life will turn out for the best and I wish you the very best of luck.

Shine on man.
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Yes, kinda sad to hear this.
But your decision is wise and we're in no positions to help you, I guess.
Do feel free to lurk - and come back anyday...

Wish you were here
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Massed Gadgets wrote:I may be back someday, so Keith, don't cancel my account! But for now, I need to go my own way.
Jeff, Im sorry to hear you have had bad news. Your account is safe and sound. There are plenty of people who will miss you here including me. Dont be a stranger. :)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. :( You have been a wonderful source of new bands and generally keeping interest up on this forum. I hope that you find a solution to your problems and come back here soon.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Jeff, I can only echo what the above have said about new bands and music that you have brought to my attention and will miss your input, not just for that but you are one of the good guys as well. NPF will be the poorer for your leaving. Hope that things take a turn for the better for you and you get your life back on track again real soon.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Sorry to read this. I used to marvel at your encyclopaedic knowledge of and quest for all sorts of weird and wonderful music. Some of which I used to check out.

Enough of that though. Far more important is you as a person. I wish you well with whatever rotten cards you've been dealt recently. I hope to see your name appear beside some new posts in the future. All the best. Take care of yourself :)
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Shit, MG can't actually be leaving! Who's gonna introduce me to all those eclectic Krautrock bands? :(

But seriously, Jeff, in the short time I've come to know you in, I've always looked up to you as a sort of music provider, always directing me to check out new bands and music. Unlike me (and maybe some other guys over here too :) ) you're not limited to only a certain genre or group of music. Hope you come back soon. And I'm sure all of us in NPF will be praying for you to overcome your problems and return.

Thanks for now,

R.A.D :)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Take care.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Anyone noticed how he changed his avatar before moving on?

Which makes me have a faint, lingering hope that he's gonna come back. I really hope he does.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Sad to see you go Massed, hopefully we'll see you again somewhere down the road.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Take care, man. Hope to see you again soon.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I of course respect your decision. But, I've been through a couple of life changing events since I joined NPF. This forum served as a distraction, a source of inspiration, plus I've gained a few friends who encouraged me when I was down. I can't pretend to understand what you are going through, but I think you might find that this wonderful place could possibly be therapeutic for you.
Good luck
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I think you are probably right, Creek...I've missed this place, and it's good to be back. I know, I wasn't gone that long, but at the time, I had a much bleaker outlook than I do now. Thank you, my friends, for all your kind words.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Glad you feel better enough to rejoin us! I thought you were going to prison! <.8.>
Welcome back!