Back from exile - no big fanfares, though :)

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Back from exile - no big fanfares, though :)

Post by moom »

I've been waiting for this day. I've been practicing speeches and all... but none of them were good enough, some of them were actually plain stupid. So whatever. "Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love" anyway. I have always admitted that while I try to be a good friend, at times I can be a right jerk as well - thus none of the two sides is ever exactly saint. And I apologize once again (as I have to boo, except it went largely unnoticed, way to go) - I only ask you to address me DIRECTLY next time if you have a problem with me, don't hide. And there are people who know me much better than you, and even they sometimes get a wrong impression. And I don't expect you to run for me to give a hug or something. I think that the fact that I am back and have been a very long-time member does prove my loyalty and cordial love. :)
So let's just listen to this, not very relative, song and get on with our lives in reality and discussions on the forum, shall we?
I certainly did not come back to dig out past conflicts, no matter how much they may still haunt. It's not easy, but enough is enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xT3GGmPxz8

P.S. Oh, and welcome to all the new members :)

P.S.S. on the eventful side of my life, nothing really big to report - oh well, at least it's stable :)
Except my ex-girlfriend died two month ago... :( brain tumor. Hell, she was only 22!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back from exile - no big fanfares, though :)

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welome back to the forum. :)

Sorry to hear about your loss.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Thanks.

Well, happens.

How have you been?

Actually, how have you all been :) ?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Good thanks. Got me some Roger Waters tickets for next September so pleased. Hotel booked yesterday. 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

:D

When will that geezer come to Estonia, or another option is - sometime in Moscow in summer. We have nice festival grounds for any big-shot (80,000 people) :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Okay, just one more thing.

So you guys may be wondering if I'm still the way I used to be.
And I'd like to explain what and why a bit.
The answer is yes and no, both.

On one hand, I'm still that geezer who will definitely tell you if he thinks you're really wrong and why and how, and at times he will still drive you to the edge so that you could get the point.
But at the same time, there was one thing that did teach me some discipline.
I'm a massive fan of the Wolfenstein game series*, and one of the best games from it is the multiplayer version of Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I've been playing on the very same server for well over a year, which belongs to the #IA clan. And as time passed, some game maps played, people got to know me and I got to know them. And while I was not the best player, not at all, they liked my light-hearted attitude and defense of the server rules. And I got promoted to be a clan member (#IA|ImGonnaDJ) 8) ! It was just... such an honor to me, still very much is, that I decided I'd make them proud - and I was lucky to show my loyalty to the game and clan spirit by taking care of several trolls.
What's the point of that? This all happened while I was, erm, away. And for pretty much the first time I got to look at the troubles that trolls make from a different angle - the angle that NPF admins and mods have to look from. And thus now I think I understand them a bit better.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

moom wrote:Wolfenstein game series*
You put a * and don't explain that bit anywhere in your post. :?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Oh, that's right :lol:

*As much as I know, it runs like this:
1. the original console (?) game, from 1981
2. its sequel in 1984
I have played one of those, don't remember which, but don't like it because of the awful gameplay and graphics
3. Wolf 3D - a 3D maze game. Do you remember those old Windows screensavers? Basically the same graphics. First saw it at a relative's place in mid-90s and would play for hours if he wasn't home (I stayed at his place for some days in summer)
3a. Spear Of Destiny - a continuation rather than a sequel to Wolf 3D; the very first stage of it is not easy in any shape or form
4. Return To Castle Wolfenstein - released in 2001, one of my most favorite games ever since I first played it in 2002; also, the game that introduced me to the Moonlight Sonata, Für Else and Casta Diva**
4a. RTCW multiplayer - I remember the original, built-in MP being very slow-running and that rarely anyone could play it normally; in 2003 the new MP was released for free, Enemy Territory, a much-much better version
5. Wolfenstein RPG - never heard of this one until now, actually
6. Wolfenstein - released in 2009, it was a long-awaited sequel. Didn't enjoy it though, because it turned out to be just another modern-day shooter while RTCW was a bit more realistic, though screenshots prior to the release were quite promising

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_(series)

** a noticeable thing about Casta Diva is that it's not mentioned in any of the game's OSTs, and googling its relation to the game was pretty much a hopeless case; until a couple of years ago when mom asked me to find Casta Diva on YouTube and we both listened to it, and I relized that the tune in the game is just a sped up variation on one of the CD's parts :)

Other favorite games/game series (excluding NES/other 90s console ones):
Hitman series (especially Silent Assassin); haven't played Absolution yet, and I have a sneaky suspicion that my 4-year old PC will not be able to run it properly (I even have lags with Battlefield: Bad Company 2). To say the least, it introduced me to music of Jesper Kyd, who is now actually one of my most favorite artists ever, and got me interested in ambient music as well 8)

GTA San Andreas (:lol:)

Kiss Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child, and I have to say it's amazing game even by today's standards, do google it ;)

Silent Hill 3 - though controlling a person in 3D is quite horrible at first

Rally Trophy

1NSANE (both fun racing games)

Seven Kingdoms II: Frythan Wars

and I definitely will play Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time any time soon