PULSE DVD

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
snipster1982

PULSE DVD

Post by snipster1982 »

just wondering if anyone knows more on PULSE being released on DVD in the UK. At one point i heard it was supposed to have been released last September...then i was lead to believe it was being released in March....I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!
I Know David Gilmour has being working on mixing the original audio tapes of the '94 concert so that we can experience this magnificant set in 5.1 surround sound.....Hurry Up Dave!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

And also when's the dvd of live in pompei finally coming out.

I've already seen it's art in the book mind over matter, so if it's ready why can't it just come out?

Post by Guest »

last time i checked, live at pompei is being released being released early April....so not too long to wait now :D
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

I have a PULSE DVD. It's obviously a VoiO (a band picture featuring Syd gives the game away).
It has a 5.1 DD soundtrack (adequate but not as clear as expected). Both my DVD player and AMP recognise this as a DD5.1 soundtrack but I suspect it was sourced from Dolby Pro-Logic or Laserdisc.

Picture quality is about the same as SVHS (sourced from an official variant of the film - still has the Picture Music International animation at the beginning.

No way as good as an official release but for 15 quid on ebay not bad!

I will still buy an official release when available for the superior quality though :lol:
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Amazon has this on it's site
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W12E21B34

"Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title." - they've got the same for Delicate Sound of Thunder on DVD, too
looks like the company is waiting to see the level of interest, before releasing it.
Marshall
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Marshall »

Well, I know that I voted for Pulse as a DVD on that site. Done so at least once. DVD has been around for 7-8 years now and it's hard to understand why Pulse is not available in that form yet. :(