When Will Live Concerts In Arenas Resume?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

When Will Live Concerts In Arenas Resume?

Post by moodyblue »

I've been pondering this like many others for months. I personally had around nine concerts lined up after March of this year, many of them would now have passed. Two gigs have been cancelled completely but the rest such as Genesis, The Who have been moved forward.
The Who's gig was due to take place last March but they moved it forward a year. I thought at the time that would work, now I don't feel it will. Question is, when will major tours take place not only around the UK but around the world?
I have begun to feel very pessimistic about anything happening within the next year as things stand right now. This may even be a hopeful guess!
It seems until we get a vaccine for this wretched virus, I cannot see conditions improve to the point we will see a resumption of packed arenas once again.
It's really anyone's guess when live music will resume on a big scale unless of course, we all buy spacesuits with backpacks of air to go about our daily business.

Anyone hopeful about this?
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: When Will Live Concerts In Arenas Resume?

Post by Annoying Twit »

I've been reading the comments on articles in UK newspapers, and hearing how people in various contexts just aren't bothering with social distancing etc.

I think we're going to be in trouble for a long while, and I'm not expecting in-real-person concerts to start up again for a while.

In the meantime, musicians need your support. I've upped the number of albums etc. I purchase, including purchasing directly from band camp and straight from the artist where possible.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Live Nation Planning to Resume Concerts at “Full Scale” Beginning in 2021

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/05/ ... g-in-2021/

In the short term, the concert promoter will experiment with fan-less or reduced-capacity shows
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

People may be planning things, but we have no idea how the covid-19 situation will go and what the world will be like in 2021. All of these plans can be overtaken by events.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

We're still not out of the woods yet. Some of the vaccines that have been approved are now triggering allergic reactions, and others in the works aren't effective against new variants. And not only that, but there are thousands of other coronaviruses just waiting to make the leap to humans and be spread around the world. A lot of businesses that have reopened in the US. have quickly realized that they're not profitable at any sort of reduced capacity, and stadium shows are likely the same. Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets has now postponed their UK tour by another full year. Artists need to think less like 1984 Roger Waters and more like 1984 David Gilmour: smaller venues, smaller crowds. They avoided Rog like the plague and he went $1.6M in the hole!
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Now we're seeing artists do real damage to their careers by canceling shows requiring proof of vaccination status. I'll be surprised if those venue owners and concert promoters will want anything to do them in another year or two when being fully vaccinated will require a booster shot with an easily trackable serial number every six months.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

genesis was touring recently \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:23 am genesis was touring recently \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
And they were pretty good too. :D
krotowel
Embryo
Embryo

Post by krotowel »

Snce they were all playing together on multiple projects anyway, but Lennon turned it down.