My band The Star Diaries

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

My band The Star Diaries

Post by Massed Gadgets »

We recorded this music quite awhile ago, but I have finally have got it mastered and officially released it on Bandcamp (http://thestardiaries/bandcamp.com). You can hear the entire album here streaming. Also made a video for the one song on the album with vocals. Check it out and let me know what you think! This song has been compared by some to early Pink Floyd.

Yes, that's me in the video. 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: My band The Star Diaries

Post by Hudini »

I really like it. :D

It sounds very fresh and very professionally made. I can definitely feel that early Pink Floyd atmosphere (I'm thinking 'More'), but I can also feel some early Genesis, Led Zeppelin and Neil Young in there, all in a good way. I don't know if any of that was intended or not, either way the whole song is spot on! I'll also be checking the album out and leaving my thoughts on that one too.

I didn't really like that Sci-Fi bit in the video though. It kind of ruined its feel for me. Oh well, you can't please them all... :D
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

RE: the video-

The guitars, especially the electric bass, sound great and are played excellently. However, you don't seem altogether comfortable in the position of vocalist. Maybe I am incorrect in my judgement of that one example but it is the impression I got.

I would be interested to hear some more of your instrumental guitar oriented stuff for certain.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

The album is very good too. There's also some 1970s Tangerine Dream vibe in it. It sounds very retro and very modern at the same time. Definitely worth more than one listening. :)
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Thanks for the comments guys!

Gus, the electric guitar and bass were played by my friend Dean. I played the acoustic guitar and keyboards. He's a very talented musician. You are right. I am not comfortable as a vocalist. I've been told I have a good voice, and I do have a wide vocal range, but I prefer instrumental music. That's why the rest of the album is instrumental!

Hudini, you're very perceptive in noting my influences, some that I know have influenced me but that I wasn't even necessarily aware of when making this album. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've now set the album price as 'name your price', meaning you can download it now for free, so please do! :-)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Downloading right now. Thank you! :D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

So we released this single 'Saucer Serenade' a couple of years ago. I was going to make a video of it but had not the technical ability (nor the funding) to do what I wanted to do. I might try something else at some point. Work on finishing the album has kind of stalled thanks to the pandemic, but we are going to release another single soon. That one will be instrumental. This one has vocals and a bit more of a pop vibe to it.

https://thestardiaries.bandcamp.com/tra ... r-serenade
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Dude! That's an awesome song! I really like the chorus hooks...I mean, the whole melody is really good! I can totally hear some early Floyd in there, of course! :D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Thanks, man! Yep, there's always going to be a little PF in my music. I was also shooting for a bit of an ELO/Klaatu vibe.
mosespa wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:54 pm Dude! That's an awesome song! I really like the chorus hooks...I mean, the whole melody is really good! I can totally hear some early Floyd in there, of course! :D