Jethro Tull

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Jethro Tull

Post by oldhippy »

Interesting comments from Ian. What the hell has happened to his voice? Sounds as if he was singing in a higher key, the guitar sound was pretty awful as well. I prefer the original it’s much more solid.

Thanks for posting the file. It was different. [-D-]
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

oldhippy. Look on youtube for any interview with Ian before 1985 or 1986 and you will see he is always smoking. He had an operation on his throat in the mid-80s and hasn't really sounded the same since...
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Thanks for the info.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Ian had developing a serious throat infection under Under Wraps tour 1984 (he was smoking 40 cigarettes per day in that time + under wraps album songs was very difficult to perform live on stage, actually). All that resulting in serious throat problems and his voice was never a same after that.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re:

Post by jtull »

Hudini wrote:Speaking of Jethro Tull, Waters once said that he got the inspiration for The Thin Ice from Jethro Tull's Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day. Do you know this song? It's on Warchild album, and to me makes no resemblence of anything Waters put to paper except the ice in the title. What do you think? :?
Back Against The Wall (The Wall tribute album)

THE THIN ICE

Ian Anderson - vocal, flute
Adrian Belew - guitar, vocal
feature: Tony Levin, Gary Green, Jay Scheleen, & Billy Sherwood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdzuvZAxFtQ
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

So, in the Fall Jethro Tull finally released their 1978 Madison Square Garden DVD, now in 2010, they have released a new live DVD, Live At AVO Session Basel (2008 gig): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... B002Q4RLBY

Also, last year saw the official history DVD and there was that germany through the years DVD...

They are releasing more DVDs than albums in the 21st century...like Rush.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

The two disc This Was was pretty nice...now Stand Up will come out in the Fall (2010) as two cds and a dvd.

This info. is for jtull's benefit.

EDIT: Description & Track Listing: http://www.spincds.com/product.asp?id=9025266
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Thanks for a info, nosaj. :)
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

I shall purchase a copy of the three disc version of Stand Up after work today.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Hogtown wrote:I shall purchase a copy of the three disc version of Stand Up after work today.
I did that, and was looking forward to an expanded "Benefit", but it looks like we get a major Aqualung instead...
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

nosaj wrote:
Hogtown wrote:I shall purchase a copy of the three disc version of Stand Up after work today.
I did that, and was looking forward to an expanded "Benefit", but it looks like we get a major Aqualung instead...
Not seen Hogtown around for a while, have you spoken to him recently, is he okay?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Oh my, the fall of 2011 is turning into a huge cash grab for so many aged bands ](*,) . The 40th Anniversary Aqualung is out. The highlight for me is Wond'ring Aloud, Again [Full Morgan Version] - 7:07.

EDIT: The booklet name drops Pink Floyd as a Prog band. ](*,)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

So, Ian Anderson is going to release Thick as a Brick 2 in a couple of months as a solo album. Weird.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

nosaj wrote:So, Ian Anderson is going to release Thick as a Brick 2 in a couple of months as a solo album. Weird.
Artistically pointless. I'm pretty sure it's just a way to get a few more tull fanatics to give a shit about his solo career. If Roger Waters did The Wall part 2 it would definitely outsell Amused To Death etc.
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

nosaj wrote:So, Ian Anderson is going to release Thick as a Brick 2 in a couple of months as a solo album. Weird.

outside of the christmas disc ten years back there hasnt been a studio release since .com so i look forward to it, it really would be wonderful if they released a concert from the thick as a brick tour as part of an upcoming deluxe edition . certainly my favorite and their masterpiece. looking forward to a us trek this fall