The Offical King Crimson Thread

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: The Offical King Crimson Thread

Post by Bigmanpigman »

They 'should' be doing some dates in The UK next year. This from 'Classic Rock' -

King Crimson mainman Robert Fripp is hoping to bring the latest lineup of the band to the UK in September 2015 – providing issues over venues can be resolved.

The seven-man lineup recently completed their first run of shows in the US, after he put industry wrangles behind him last year and reactivated his touring career.

Fripp tells the Telegraph: “I’ve discussed the possibility of working in Europe next year, including the UK in September. There are still problems to do with the quality of venues – but it’s being looked into.”

He recently revealed that the current lineup, featuring Mel Collins, Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto, Gavin Harrison, Jakko Jakszyk and Bill Rieflin, is the first with which he’s genuinely enjoyed touring. Now he says: “It’s the first Crimson where I don’t sense any animosity or resentment from at least one member. This is a group from the get-go; the money is divided equally.”

The 68-year-old accepts the accusation from former colleagues that he was a hard taskmaster in previous incarnations of the band. “I’m a very difficult person to work with – because in King Crimson there was a founding statement to be honoured, going back to 1969,” he says.

“And if what is available fails to meet what I see as a responsibility to the larger Crimson, then that gap has to be met by someone. And it would fall to me. So it’s not a comfortable place.”

But his current activities come after a period in which he discovered a great deal of personal happiness, which he says made it easier to face returning to the road. “My wife told me I was in danger of becoming dull,” Fripp explains. “What I’m doing now was partly a necessity. When you’re happy, it’s time to pull out the pointed stick.”
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

ha, ha, ha, Fripp has been saying some variation of this for so long: "“And if what is available fails to meet what I see as a responsibility to the larger Crimson, then that gap has to be met by someone. And it would fall to me. So it’s not a comfortable place.”"

Seems to me it always falls on him. Mel Collins being in the lineup has been the most interesting thing I heard about the tour through the USA...heard good reviews of the min-tour too...there was also a tour box set called elements, and I noticed the track list mentions a song or to from the forthcoming THRAKKBOXXX (maybe not the right spelling).
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Hello strangers ... haven't posted in years ... hope all are doing well ... I miss Alan's rants ... I just read his Steve Wilson one - it was pretty fuckin good (and I like Wilson !!) ...

Anyhow .. to the point , I've two tickets for King Crimson Usher Hall, Edinburgh Thu 17 Sep 2015
Section : STALLS , Row : T , Seats : 12 - 13.

Can't go now due to work commits ... selling for face value , cost me £114.75 (€154).

These are hard copy tickets - not E-Tickets.

PM me if anyone's interested. Cheers
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Ray! How ddebil are you! :D
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

ddebil ! Good to see you're still active. Hope you're doing well. I'm good, just don't have as much time for internet posting as I used to, hence I'm not on here much.

Don't suppose you wanna buy 2 King Crimson tix :lol: ... all yours (or any Neptune Pink Floyd member) for the ridiculously good value of £100.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Enjoy the gig tonight whoever's going! (I'm not)
But this thread will demand a full report! Depending on your ticket and whether it's seated, but they can't confiscate paper and pen like they search for recording equipment!
Have a great night, Edinburgh!
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I saw the show in Utrecht last night. This band really is on another level. Fantastic setlist (Pictures of a City is my fav KC song) with Easy Money, Pictures of a City, Starless and Sailor's Tale being my highlights.

There were a couple of funny moments 1: Fripp Smiling! 2: Tony Levin messed up during Starless and Fripp shot him a look. Does Fripp's face change or in my attempt to figure out what he is thinking am I imagining his face in changing from his usually stoic expression?

May be the best show I have ever seen.