Flaming Lips

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Flaming Lips

Post by seamusz »

henno wrote:seamusz... thats fecking deadly!!!!! :D love it.
Thanks!

Lips related:

Going with ctwa eugene to see Primus and Flips at Redrocks in Colorado in August. It will be my first Flips show and I'm pretty stoked. Two bands I love!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Counting the days, man, counting the days...
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

If you want some sweet music (pun intended) then check out the flips latest release. Its a memory stick inside a gummy skull with 4 new tracks on it:
Tracklisting:
1. Drug Chart
2. In Our Bodies, Out Of Our Heads
3. Walk With Me
4. Hillary's Time Machine Machine?

A bargin at $150

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

seamusz wrote:
Thanks!

Lips related:

Going with ctwa eugene to see Primus and Flips at Redrocks in Colorado in August. It will be my first Flips show and I'm pretty stoked. Two bands I love!
They are supposed to be playing Dark side at that show

Link to the Dark side new years eve show below

http://www.youtube.com/user/chaunceygar ... BB7F8DBEC7
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Wayne replied to a tweet I sent him. He'd posted a pic of a psychedelic skyline and I said 'maybe it's normal and you're trippin''. He replied 'No. I was wonderously straight'.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Flaming lips played 2 nights at the Hollywood Forever, event. on the second night they Played dark side of the moon mixed in with songs from the wizard of Oz - if you want to listen its availabe below:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD41N5K8
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Thanks Nick.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

s I hadn't seen them before, I can only say they were flaming good. There was magic in the air (not to mention smoke and confetti and balloons). I'm sure drafsack will be able to give a more authoritative view. One thing I can say is that there weren't many people- less than 5 000. However this has been a feature of this year's sessions - none of them have sold out, as compared to last year when they all did.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

PooF wrote:s I hadn't seen them before, I can only say they were flaming good. There was magic in the air (not to mention smoke and confetti and balloons). I'm sure drafsack will be able to give a more authoritative view. One thing I can say is that there weren't many people- less than 5 000. However this has been a feature of this year's sessions - none of them have sold out, as compared to last year when they all did.
its hard to believe they are not that well known in the uk and the bands at the eden shows this year arn't that big or household name bands - the fleet foxes are a bit sleepy and have a cult following (a bit like the flaming lips). The show itself was megga and well recieved. The dancers on the stage were in wizard of oz outfits - and the girls on our right hand side (the bands left) were certainy a lot better looking than the other side. Did you notice the roadies outfits were a nod to dark side with the prisim light rays going up one side. All in all it was worth the 3 hour drive there and back to see and I thought the venue was very good and I would certainly go there again to see some bands
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

in much the same theme as the gummy skull is a gummy fetus. It has 3 songs on it and its only available to buy as some of their concerts

The tracks on the memory stick are:

1 Enthusiasm For Life Defeats Existential Fear Part 2

2 Steven's Moonbow

3 Squishy Glass
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

^^^ Essential eating
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

I thought this was gonna be a thread about herpes. Was all geared up to contribute something. Alas, it's about the band, which I would rather have a scorching case than listen to. No offense, fans, just not my cup o' tea.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

pastchristmas wrote:I thought this was gonna be a thread about herpes. Was all geared up to contribute something. Alas, it's about the band, which I would rather have a scorching case than listen to. No offense, fans, just not my cup o' tea.
Fantastic post! I like the Lips, but still, think this is perfect for a Flaming Lips thread!!!! <ii> I think I will listen to Embyonic and DSotM!!!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

seamusz wrote:
Thanks!

Lips related:

So how was it??
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

I'm ashamed... I totally bailed. In my defense, I had a good reason. I switched companies in April, and lost all my saved up time off, so I just didn't have the time to do it this year. But on the up side, they are actually coming to SLC, Utah next month. So CWTA and I will be attending that gig... If you want to fly over, I'll buy you a ticket :)