Neil Young Thread

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: NEIL YOUNG live at massey 1971

Post by Hogtown »

Idisaffect wrote:Anyway, Time Fades Away is a much less predictable (better) live "album".
I have the vinyl, but no turntable. I hope this album is released on cd soon.

Anyway, this massey hall gig is quite good.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Neil Young - 31 Minutes Live BBC 1971

Post by Hogtown »

Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Neil Young - 31 Minutes Live BBC 1971

Post by Stephen »

This has been shown a few times on the Beeb and last time I recorded it to disc, love it.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

I remember recording it from the BBC on VHS around the time he did the Harvest Moon MTV's unplugged show. I found a download for it later. Lovely. Funny. Emotionally. Nice! Nice is good!
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

Very, Very nice.

I can say N Y is so good. So honest,

Thank you for sharing

Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

Hogtown wrote:
What do you think?
Out on the Weekend was great. Love in Mind and Journey Through the Past were good. I'm starting to think A Man Needs A Maid is a terrible song. It's way too serious. The audience looked uncomfortable and bored. It's Bob Dylan's favorite! (according to the liner notes from the compilation Decade). I like Don't let it Bring You Down. Dance, Dance, Dance is like annoying campfire tunes.

Neil Young was much more dynamic and his material was much stronger during his 1976, 1979 and 1991 tours with Crazy Horse.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

Idisaffect wrote:
Hogtown wrote:
What do you think?
Out on the Weekend was great. Love in Mind and Journey Through the Past were good. I'm starting to think A Man Needs A Maid is a terrible song. It's way too serious. The audience looked uncomfortable and bored. It's Bob Dylan's favorite! (according to the liner notes from the compilation Decade). I like Don't let it Bring You Down. Dance, Dance, Dance is like annoying campfire tunes.

Neil Young was much more dynamic and his material was much stronger during his 1976, 1979 and 1991 tours with Crazy Horse.
A man neds a made was a work in progress. There a few versions out there with strange lyrics.
It's his best song. Back in 1971 his shows were very quiet and reflective or out right rockers. I saw N Y in 1975 at the NYC Palladium. Small concert hall. I sat next to Patti Smith and Billy Joel.

I am considering to buy a blu ray player.
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

is this from the same show with guests james taylor and joni mitchell?
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

No this is a solo show, but just watch and see for yourself.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

mojoman wrote:is this from the same show with guests james taylor and joni mitchell?
You are refering to the Johny Cash special I think...Neil wrote a song just for that show - Bad Fog of Lonliness I think.

The link I posted included Elton John and somebody else as part of the full program.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Neil Young at hyde park

Post by Alternative 4 »

So how many people here went?

I was there and it was brilliant, from the slow version of Hey Hey My My, to the awesome Spirit Road and the ever brilliant Down By the River this was one of the best show's I have ever been too. Hearing McCartney sing A day in the life with Neil was the icing on the cake, never in a million years would I have predicted that. <ii>

Does anyone know how many people were there?
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

2009: Neil Young 1st 4 albums REMASTERED

Post by Hogtown »

Yup, the first four albums are now available in remastered form. Harvest, in particular, should benefit the most...

Basically, these along with the Archives Vol. I, take care of all his releases up to 1972.

Archives Vol. II and all the live and unreleased albums from post '72 to about '79 should be the best group of releases from the fellow...can't wait.

Yes, unreleased albums...one that should come out soon is "Toast" recorded with Crazy Horse...I think it is an 80s or 90s album...

Yippee!!! <ii>
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: 2009: Neil Young 1st 4 albums REMASTERED

Post by PublicImage »

Just create ONE big thread to discuss all of Neil Young's music. It's a horrible sight to see so many different threads all on the same artist when I go into this forum.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: 2009: Neil Young 1st 4 albums REMASTERED

Post by Hogtown »

PublicImage wrote:Just create ONE big thread to discuss all of Neil Young's music. It's a horrible sight to see so many different threads all on the same artist when I go into this forum.
Sorry there cranky old timer...I used to feel the same, but I live with the fact that there are 15 Piper at the Gates of Dawn threads, so many Animals threads, so many Led Zeppelin threads...oh well. This shall be the last Neil Young thread from me...I believe I have only created two personally.

Actually, I think I will stop posting on this site. Lucky you. Bye!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Re: Neil Young Thread

Post by David Smith »

Well that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast

(hope someone else knows that quote)