Just wondering?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
miles
Axe
Axe

Just wondering?

Post by miles »

I'm in a little band and we've just done and gone and recorded something that some people on this list might like.

We're trying to get into the same head space as the Floyd we're around '68 to'72. Floyd are a big influence for us, as well as Godspeed you Black Emperor, Mogwai, Sigur Ros etc...

Criticism/comments would be lovely. As long as it's not personal!

It's here, if you're interested:
http://www.backwaterrecords.com/mp3s/fkoe.mp3

It's 3.56 mb big and lasts about 8 mins.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Moved this topic to general discussion as it has nothing to do with Pink Floyd but is general music discussion!!

I will have a listen to your song now. :-)

Opening sounds like echoes a little. Nice atmospherice from reverbitus guitar! I like it. A good piece of music.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Listening to it right now, and I can certainly hear those influences.... Hmm Pink Floyd meets post-rock... 8)

Edit: Wow, that was impressive, the only slight problem I had was that the drums sounded sort of St Angerish, if you know what I mean. :lol: Other than that, I thought it was excellent! 8)
miles
Axe
Axe

Post by miles »

Thanks Pkrl, your comments are appreciated. It's funny that you mention that the drums sound St Angerish - meaning Metallica? Someone else has metioned that the end of the song sounded like them...
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Yeah, well I guess Metallica's St Anger is famous now for the annoying drum sound. The drums weren't nearly as bad on that song of yours, I just had to criticize something! :lol:
miles
Axe
Axe

Post by miles »

Heh, heh! Cheers man :wink: