Is anybody familiar with Roy Harper's work?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Is anybody familiar with Roy Harper's work?

Post by Heikki »

First of all, I must apologize if this topic has been on this list in the past...

Pink Floyd fans know Roy Harper though his vocal performance on Have A Cigar. Dave Gilmour has guested on couple of his albums, but are YOU familiar with his solo stuff?

I have a couple of his cd's, some albums (most notably Bullinamingvase, and Unknown Soldier) taped, and a C-90 tape of selected songs from 1970-85. IMO he's a great songwriter. What do you think?

Heikki
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

havent heard any of his own stuff. :) :?:
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Keith Jordan wrote:havent heard any of his own stuff. :) :?:
Ditto.. :?
miles
Axe
Axe

Post by miles »

Harper's the Don man! Check out his finest album - Stormcock. Also worth a listen are Flat Baroque And Berserk, Folkjokeopus, Lifemask.

He's well worth a listen!
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

miles wrote:Harper's the Don man! Check out his finest album - Stormcock. Also worth a listen are Flat Baroque And Berserk, Folkjokeopus, Lifemask.

He's well worth a listen!
You said it! Those old albums you mentioned are true classics, but I also like s bit newer ones like HQ, Unknown Soldier. and Descendants of Smith. (Well, there are more...)

He's really a man that should be known for his own music instead of just being friend to big stars like Floyd & Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin had a track called "Hats off to (Roy) Harper" on their second lp, and Jimmy Page guested on Harper's Stormcock under pseudonym). If somebody wants to check the man out, I suggest you try to find Stormcock. Same Old Rock on it is my favourite. There are great songs on Flat Baroque, too.

Heikki
TheCentralScrutinizer
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TheCentralScrutinizer »

roy harper was a genius flashes from the archives of oblivion was different class