Any Metallica fans in this forum??

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
positivelyRyan
Embryo
Embryo

Any Metallica fans in this forum??

Post by positivelyRyan »

Hey everyone I was just wondering if there are any Metallica fans on this forum. What is your favourite album or songs by them. I think The Black Album is awesome. Also the S&M cd is great. It's really unique to see Metallica and the Symphony coincide together. However I don't think just any type of music would work within the ochrestral setting.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

pure rubbish.

Its so cool to own CD that has blood and semen on its cover. :D its like so groundbreaking and awesome dude. :roll:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I liked the first 4 albums in the 80s but went off them when they changed their style in the 90s, they just didnt seem to have any edge anymore, fave song is probably Dyers Eve, Battery or maybe Fight Fire With Fire, hard to choose.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I hate them
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I guess I'm a fan to some degree. 20 years ago when they first started out I was a huge fan because it was sort of a revolt against new wave and all that. I saw them in '84 with Ozzy and '94 at Summerfest in Milwaukee. Although I'm not into that type of music at all anymore for some reason I can listen to them if it's on the radio; probably fro sentimental reasons. :oops:

Like it or not they certainly have staying power and seem to attract fans of all ages.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I liked the first 4 albums in the 80s but went off them when they changed their style in the 90s, they just didnt seem to have any edge anymore, fave song is probably Dyers Eve, Battery or maybe Fight Fire With Fire, hard to choose.
The same with me, I think "Master of Puppets" is a great album. On the "black" one there are still some interesting and fresh ideas (but some poor songs as well), but it was a beginning of their end, definitely.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Everything from Ride The Lightning to ...And Justice For All was utter brilliance. Kill Em all and The Black Album aren't bad either. S&M is pretty cool too. Load, ReLoad and St. Anger suck.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I love 'em- up to the Black album... and it's probably my favourite, from them- (Nothing Else Matters hits home with me-)
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Not my cup of tea..
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I can dig em, when Im in that mood. My fav by them is One...
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I used to be a huge fan, and then they went and changed their style with the Black Album, and even moreso with Load. I don't mind the newer stuff, but it's like an entirely new band. Not quite as good as Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for All.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

edit: love' em now
Last edited by Eclipse on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Libby74D wrote:I hate them
Libby I'm going to let you get away with it this ONE LAST time. Libbbbbyyyyyyy!!!! :lol:

Upto the Black album there stuff was great. Black being my favorite album. S&M was not bad IMO.

Their recent works..... :roll: :x
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Nothing new here: The black album was the last one I liked a lot. Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, And Justice For All were brilliant heavy rock albums, but then their style changed somehow. Even the Black Album had a "we play it safe now" feeling in it. Did they became too popular or what? Fade To Black is my favourite Metallica track. Got to listen to Ride The Lightning when I get home from work! :idea:
dorothy
Knife
Knife

Post by dorothy »

I used to like them when I was younger.. but only the earliest 4 albums (or so)
Now they are rubbish.