Axe
Axe

Re: Yoko Ono Most Annoying Woman Ever

Post by Jack Wolf »

Most annoying woman ever?

Yea, I guess you're right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMHl7bmlzw

:shock: ](*,)

I can't believe people actually applauded at the end!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Jack Wolf wrote:
Maybe they were just relieved it was all over.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I think John was pretty much aware his sharp tonguev would cut some people's nerves and pride. Perhaps he would have preferred to live (even Jesus had asked for mercy), but he knew that "the way things (kept) going, they" could have crucified him.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Jack Wolf wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMHl7bmlzw
Seriously ..... fucking seriously ? .... People acknowledge that as having some worth ? Jaysus fuckin Christ.

B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S-O-L-O-G-Y.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

I feel a remix coming on ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjl7QZc_GYM
Jack Wolf
Axe
Axe

Post by Jack Wolf »

Who on Earth decided to give her a record deal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZvHuh7wKM

It's just like those terrible singers who end up on X factor or American idol.
Everyone around them has been too polite to tell them that their singing is dreadful.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

^ Nepotism pure and simple. Art my cock.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Yoko Ono's shit only seems to be listened to people as a badge of pride to say "well I can put up with this barage of noise, I'm fucking cool". She epitomises the whole adage of the emperor being naked in my book, how far can you call this shit art? Does she practice before each gig? I can understand John wanting to get away from the 'mop top' image, but vamping chords whilst she does that horrible engrish wail is just terrible.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I agree. Lots of terrible shit has been done in the name of "art". This is one of the more brutal examples:

Yeah, someone had to post that. That is some sick fucking shit. She didn't split up the Beatles, but just by looking at that picture, I get the feeling she's splitting my brain!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

olzen wrote:..Yeah, someone had to post that. That is some sick fucking shit. She didn't split up the Beatles, but just by looking at that picture, I get the feeling she's splitting my brain!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It reminds me of people who try to find something of merit in Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I like strange and weird music, but even I couldn't make it through that, and it was only a couple of minutes long! :smt104
Jack Wolf wrote:Most annoying woman ever?

Yea, I guess you're right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMHl7bmlzw

:shock: ](*,)

olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

snifferdog wrote:
olzen wrote:..Yeah, someone had to post that. That is some sick fucking shit. She didn't split up the Beatles, but just by looking at that picture, I get the feeling she's splitting my brain!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It reminds me of people who try to find something of merit in Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music
I've fortunately only heard the little bit of "Two Virgins" that appears in the "Anthology"-series. Sounded like a fog horn followed by Yoko going "YEEDEEBEEDEEBEEDEEBEE-DEEEEEEOOOOOOOOH!!!" Oh, the horror.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Somehow I get the impression I'm actually lucky not to have any speakers here at work.

It seems that the sixties were full of untalented idiots doing weird things and calling it art, Yoko Ono certainly being one of them. Fortunately for the world, most of them never emerged from the artistic margin. Unfortunately, some did, Yoko Ono being one of them. Andy Warhol being another. I guess that the whole thing with the "art" of these people was a complete misinterpretation of what the likes of Picasso, Pollock, Mondrian and others were doing in the preceding decades as misconceptional, random art, like something anyone could do. In some way, it's not wrong to say that anyone could paint like Pollock today, but someone had to be first and, if by nothing else, historically significant for being the first alone. It's almost like saying anyone could invent wheel today, and having people inventing oval and hexagonal wheels and thinking they're doing a big thing for mankind. Just like that, the art of sixties was something anyone could do, but in fact it wasn't anyone who did it, and the large part of those who tried to be artists were simply untalented hacks.
maglev375
Embryo
Embryo

Post by maglev375 »

Follow her on Twitter for such priceless little nuggets as 'before you start a fight with somebody, first take off your trousers'. Inscrutable.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

PublicImage wrote:Yoko Ono is better than the Beatles. Approximately Infinite Universe is a better album than anything John Lennon ever released under his own name or with the Beatles
Hey you are alive! Glad to see you around O--O
my breakfast. wrote:I can understand John wanting to get away from the 'mop top' image, but vamping chords whilst she does that horrible engrish wail is just terrible.
I thought you actually loved Can and Damo Suzuki... :lol:

Have you heard that cliché expression "people hate me because I'm beautiful"? Sometimes I feel that in the case of Yoko people just hate her because she is ugly, and on top of that japanese. Would people complain about the Two Virgins cover if instead of Yoko it was John with a nude Brigitte Bardot? No. If art for some of you just means entertainment and conforming to status quo conceptions of beauty, well I guess a lot of art is going to strike you as utterly worthless. But art function is also pushing boundaries and fighting the aesthetical status quo. That's the direction Yoko went, along with some other great pop musicians of the XX century like Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Faust, Velvet Underground, among many others, including even the Floyd at some point in their career.

I don't find her wailing any more unerving than some of the things those other artist do. Why nobody complain about Gilli Smyth moaning in the Gong albums from the 70s? Oh because she was french and back then she was sexy and sounded sexy.