Muse to headline Download

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Muse to headline Download

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Muse have been confirmed as the Saturday night main stage headline act for download 2015.

Their set will follow Faith No More at Donington on Saturday, June 13 next year.

Also confirmed in the second batch of acts to be announced for the festival is Marilyn Manson, who will headline the second stage on Saturday.

Making up the second batch of acts to be announced are pop punk heroes A Day To Remember. Yesterday, festival bosses revealed Slipknot, Judas Priest, Black Stone Cherry and Five Finger Death Punch were set to play on Friday.

Muse's appearance will be their first ever set at Download. The band say: "We're really looking forward to Download. We’ve never played the festival before so it’s going to be really special."

Faith No More's appearance will be their first since 2009 and will coincide with the release of their first album since 1997's Album Of The Year – due out in April.

FNM say: "Hard to believe it’s been five years already, but what’s harder to deny is that a lot has changed. The last time we played Download the focus was on bringing back the past – now it’s all about the present and the future. Where it should be."

On his second stage headline slot, Manson says: "It's been a few years since I’ve been at Download. The Pale Emperor will rise and I was born to cause chaos."
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Muse to headline Download

Post by my breakfast. »

Faith No More, Judas Priest, Slipknot, Marylin Manson... its oldies weekend! Even Muse must be getting up there....
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

my breakfast. wrote:Faith No More, Judas Priest, Slipknot, Marylin Manson... its oldies weekend! Even Muse must be getting up there....

Yep, but the organisers will be promoting this as Download being a bit more 'now'. Already the message boards have been hot with metal fans basically saying 'what the fuck is going on'. Personally I think this is a smart move. Muse have said that their next album, which will be released before download, by coincidence :lol: , is going to be a rocker, stripped of much of the 'added effects' of the previous two albums. Mutt Lange (AC/DC and Deff Leppard amongst many others) will be producing. I'm looking forward to it.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

I thought Kiss were already confirmed as the headline (Sunday) act

:?
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »