Jon Carin plays on our latest CD

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Mark Owen Nutto
Embryo
Embryo

Jon Carin plays on our latest CD

Post by Mark Owen Nutto »

Our latest CD just came out, on November 23rd, by our band "Mark Owen Nutto & The Unemployed Teachers" and is called "Pavlov's Chalkboard". The 9 song disc features several guest performances, most notably by Jon Carin of Pink Floyd, on "Running with the Wind", Greg Hawkes of The Cars on "Little Child", The Mars Volta Drummer, Blake Fleming, on "The Rising" and "Tonto & the Lone Ranger", harpist Brandee Younger on "Blues P. Salamander", and vocalist Shana Falana on "Blues P. Salamander" and "Grandma's House".

It's really great a great collection of songs and works as an entire piece of music. I spent a lot of time making sure each track was perfect and done to the best of my ability. We have some snippets of all the tracks on our CDbaby page;

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markowennuttotheunemploy

On "Running with the Wind", Jon plays lap steel, keys, percussion, bass, electric guitar, and harmony vocals and I play acoustic guitar and vocals. If you like the track, you can download it off CDBaby, or iTunes, Amazon, etc. Blues Salamander is a cool psychedelic instrumental. I had looked into a request for Clare Tory to help with the vocals on that track, but did hear back that she was indeed retired. So, we got Shana in, and I think she did a really nice standup job there. I don't think we could have gotten a better performance from anyone else. Really happy with how that track came out.

We have gotten some radio airplay on the songs, and have gotten some new fans, but we're really just starting to promote it now.

Best wishes for the New Year!