Weird taste in music

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weird taste in music

Post by drafsack »

So, Pink Floyd are my favourite band - although I rarely listen to them. I mainly listen to the Flaming lips, Stranglers, Mercury Rev and the Dandy warhols
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Weird taste in music is just a badge of honour, ultimately. There is a distinction between musically you legitimately enjoy and music you enjoy because you want to make some sort of latent statement about how edgy you are. Enjoying music is like tickling or laughing - the best stuff makes your respond naturally. I can listen to shite Tangerine Dream bootlegs, and claim it is somehow highbrow, but if it doesn't get my synapses firing then I didn't fucking enjoy it. Simple as.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

drafsack wrote:So, Pink Floyd are my favourite band - although I rarely listen to them.
That's a phenomena that, I think, many of us have, including myself. Not to say exactly "rarely", but other stuff definitely overweighs.

I used to think that most music listeners have just specific tastes and that I was one of the rare kind. Yes, it did involve a little bit of posing, but no more.