Keith Flint RIP

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keith Flint RIP

Post by twcc »

The Prodigy's Keith Flint has died aged 49 !! ... maybe not a huge overlap with Pink Floyd listenership but those that lived through the late 1980s and early to mid-1990s music scene will not be able to forget the amazing performance and influence.

:(
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Keith Flint RIP

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Massive shock to hear of his death today. And waiting for autopsy but with members in his band saying he took his life... That's the really tragic part.
I have The Prodigy playing right now. And curse my rusted bolts for not buying their last album when I had the chance!
R. I. P. Keith Flint. :cry:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I quite liked them too. The Fat of the Land always reminds me of my first car and driving along listening to that on its stereo. Maybe it wasn't the best soundtrack for a learner driver :lol: I hadn't really listened to their last few albums, apart from the odd track popping up on Spotify playlists. As with any suicide, it's an utter tragedy that Keith felt he had to take his own life. I'm sorry I never got around to seeing them live but I just know that it would've been a great show. He was an iconic frontman and one of the rare people from a dance act that your average person on the street would recognise.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Very sad to see he has taken his own life, he seemed like a nice bloke.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

An interesting item of news regarding the funeral today -
BBC News wrote:Rev Rod Reid led the service, which included poems, readings and music from System of a Down, Van Morrison and Pink Floyd. A eulogy was also read out by actor Paul Kaye.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

It was "Wish You Were Here" https://www.nme.com/news/music/keith-fl ... ex-2468840
Couldn't have gone and it's still weird he's dead. Heartbreaking it's suicide. This is my ego talking but I wish I'd known him.
And for the rest of NPF, even guests. Yes those thoughts come but they go. You don't have to fill with all sorts to forget, you just have the strength to say you're above it. Please wait three days. If you are intent on doing it what is another few days wait? It goes. It was always about being alive in the moment.
DrNakano
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrNakano »

Such a sad loss, saw them live three times, they were like the soundtrack to my childhood - I remember when "Firestarter" was no.1 and everyone coming into school the next day trying to mime his dance moves. Hopefully he is in a better place now...