So, I did a thing...

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
mosespa

Re: So, I did a thing...

Post by mosespa »

flashback wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 am By the way Mos glad to see back on the forum. I like seeing the "shrug" just for shits and giggles. :D
Thanks, Flashback! It's good to be throwing the *shrug* around again! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjiapIjz0NM

Let the roasting begin!
I'd have the vocals a bit deeper in the mix, but they are pretty fine, not bad at all Mos ;)

(Never forgot your *shrug*, sometimes your posts without it felt a bit unfinished xD )
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Good stuff, Sean, vocals and guitar. Thanks for sharing.

I hear what another poster meant when alluding to Bryan Ferry - there is something similar in the way you articulate your vibrato in the second verse. As a Roxy Music fanatic, I mean that it in the best possible way!

And I have every sympathy with the message...it is odd to have a feeling of nostalgia when posting on this old bulletin board, but how could I not in our new age of timelines and aimless/endless scrolling?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've not listened to much Roxy Music, but I've heard enough to be able to see what you mean! I can't see any way to take being compared to Bryan Ferry as anything but a compliment. Thank you so much!
Clumsyeugene
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Clumsyeugene »

Very cool!
A nice build too.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Just in case anyone's waiting to hear the rest, there's been a change of plan. Part of my goal in working with Dave (the other guy's name) was to get him more comfortable with his voice so that he can feel better about singing his own songs.

While I understand his reticence where his own voice is concerned (I share the same reticence with my own voice, but am getting over it,) he's actually a pretty decent singer. No bad notes, he emotes well and I've always felt it a shame when someone who can sing thinks that they can't.

So...over the last several months, I've given him some pointers on mic placement, effects to use, mixing suggestions, etc. etc. etc. and I think I may have gotten him over that hump. While we both like working with each other, I must admit that I was kind of dragging my feet on one song in particular and he felt it important to get it out asap. I agreed with him that it needed to get out asap and there's no animosity.

So...in the meantime, stay tuned for word on my 2-disc magnum opus rock opera that I've decided is going to be my first "proper" release.

I'll keep everyone posted!