Site Admin
Site Admin

Birthday Honours 2021

Post by twcc »

I see the Queen has awarded Rick Wakeman a CBE and Alan Parsons an OBE
mosespa

Re: Birthday Honours 2021

Post by mosespa »

I ask this question sincerely because I still don't quite know the difference between those things, so I must ask...does this make Alan Parsons a "Sir," now with Wakeman kind of on the fast track?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I thought it was instead of being called "Sir" they instead had those titles after them?
Some one had to clean up the mess after his Hellfire bullshit banquets. So I've never really like Rick Wakeman seemingly as a person.
Very pleased for Alan Parsons.
But do you get a knighthood for "Sir" as well as an honour? It's such huge bollocks yet nobody wants to do anything about phasing it out.
They just get "I have talked to many MBE's and CBE's over my policy".
And so far only Marcus Rashford has spoke out to say "Bullshit! The PM's office never got back in touch!".

If Wakeman and Parsons use it to influence government on tackling homelessness and inequality, fantastic! Keep dishing them out Royal Protocol PLC!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Neither a CBE or OBE entitles the holder to be called, or prefixed, Sir.

Rick Wakeman lives and works in Britain (East Anglia) and pays his taxes and does work for charity so has some influence, Alan Parsons lives and works overseas (I do not know where) and I know nothing about his lifestyle.