Oasis - Lyla - Download - MP3

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oasis - Lyla - Download - MP3

Post by Keith Jordan »

Apparently this new Oasis song has been leaked and has made it onto the internet would you believe?? Apparently (lol) it sounds like a rip off of street fighting man by the rolling stones in many parts! Anybody heard it yet?
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

Is truth that Oasis' got a very floydian track? an Oasis fan told me that "gas panic" sounds like a Pink Floyd tune.
I'd like to listen to it, in case if it is like that.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

*finalcut* wrote:Is truth that Oasis' got a very floydian track? an Oasis fan told me that "gas panic" sounds like a Pink Floyd tune.
I'd like to listen to it, in case if it is like that.
I seem to remember Liam claiming around the time that their last album was turned out that they'd "gone all Pink Floyd" or words to that effect. Not having heard that album I can't say how Floydian it is, but knowing how tenuous their claims of being the next Beatles were I suspect the answer is "not very." I would imagine the same applies here.

A bunch of stolen riffs does not a true successor make.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

oasis were one of my fav bands in the 90s. i was a huge fan.

anyways Lya is mediocre imo. ye sit does sound liek street fighting man.

also gas panic does not sound like pink floyd imo. but the album that Gas Panic is on (SOTSOG), was actually recorded on the same soundboard that was used to record floyd's DSOTM. noel gallagher bought it from roger waters several years ago, and waters tried to buy it back from gallagher but he refused waters offer.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I think the new track is horrible. I too used to be a huge Oasis fan, until Be Here Now that is...
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

i just saw the video for Lyla. its so stupid. :(
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Not up to much. It was shown on Channel 4 last night and its the sort of thing that could have been a B side for heathen chemistry. And the video? Goddamnit it's stupid as fuck

and the bit at the end that says DON'T BELEIVE THE TRUTH! Why?

Yes Oasis, you guys are enigmas. Man, i just see Noel going the boring shitty Paul Weller way.

Can't say i was dissapointed with the song, it's probably better than i thought it would be. The verse is quite nice and the chorus is tolerable, it's just that Oasis have now become a parody of their glory days with lyrics like "she's the queen of all i've seen" and liam still trying to keep his hands behind his back cool pose that just doesn't work in 2005. Music has evolved and they refuse to progress with it or against it, instead they just stay middle of the road and will soon fade in to oblivion at this rate

And how do these guys take so long to make albums, it's 3 chord rock with very poor lyrics and often totally forgetable choruses
MEATS222
Embryo
Embryo

Lyla

Post by MEATS222 »

I heard it on me way to work. It made me dig out the stones but did nothing else for me. Yeh good band until B Here Now. I'd advise people 2 check out Harrisons song of the same name( B Here Now that is!)
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

David Smith wrote:
thats the name of the new record. stupid name if you ask me. :(
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
David Smith wrote:
thats the name of the new record. stupid name if you ask me. :(
Oh my god what a totally bobbins name! I didn't know that part yet! Jesus Christ that's just wrong :lol:
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Sometimes I think the world would have been a better place if they had just stuck to plumbing or bricklaying or whatever. Or at least completed school.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Awful
paddyt007
Embryo
Embryo

Oasis

Post by paddyt007 »

oasis rock you lot dont know what your talking about.

Long live oasis!!!!!!!!!!!
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

[quote="David Smith"Oasis have now become a parody of their glory days with lyrics like "she's the queen of all i've seen" and liam still trying to keep his hands behind his back cool pose that just doesn't work in 2005. Music has evolved and they refuse to progress with it or against it, instead they just stay middle of the road and will soon fade in to oblivion at this rate
[/quote]

You know Pink Floyd once tried to progress with music and they made Momentary Lapse of Reason. Oops.

I'm not defending anyone.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Jangus wrote:You know Pink Floyd once tried to progress with music and they made Momentary Lapse of Reason. Oops.

I'm not defending anyone.
I said progress with or against music. Oasis release songs that sound totally dated. not that this is a bad thing in that some of their songs are not bad, but unlike Pink Floyd they do not offer any solutions to the contemporary music scene, nor have they changed in 10 years, instead just the same sort of album over and over.

When the floyd did AMLOR it was selling out in a sense by trying their best to remain relevent in an era that had moved on, but then how many mainstream 80s albums are that good anyway?

Oasis should not change to sound like The Killers or any of that crap, but i feel they should atleast see this is no longer the britpop era and stop trying to sound like they did then otherwise they're going nowhere