Worst music ever

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

My wife won The new Nickleback CD in a radio call-in contest ,They didn't say what CD you would win and it was a general Knowledge question and not a Nickleback related question.I used the cd case for a Floyd Roio and I use the CD as a coffee cup coaster.The Cd was fecking dire .Nice cover though
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

I guess i should mention I only like Boston's debut CD. after that it all went to hell.
Last edited by Groovybass77 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I will once again mention Gnarls Barkley in this thread.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

PublicImage wrote:I will once again mention Gnarls Barkley in this thread.
Well if you can then i would like to mention Maroon 5 again.
Please please please i would like a wish, a wish that these idiots could all be abducted by space aliens and taken far away back in time so that their 'musical' garbage could be erased from the face of the earth then have them brought back to the present day minus any pretentions they may have in making music ever again.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Worst music ever

Post by moodyblue »

BUMP.....time maybe to re appraise all the crap since the last post.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

You haven't heard this yet. Well, the songs themselves are good because they're classics - but the performance...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This is my review:
"Russia... a place where three bands will forever live in hearts of the listeners - The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple. Oh the memories encrusted into our minds! We're forever grateful. And it is no surprise that our musicians decided to pay tribute.
But
NEVER
EVER
GIVE THIS TO DEEP PURPLE THEMSELVES AND LET THEM LISTEN! Is THIS how we really play their songs? I can't believe it, maybe it's just demo recordings? It's not that they copied or did not copy Deep Purple, some tracks are different meals - but never one made by Gordon Ramsay. Or my grandmother, whose cookery only loses to Ramsay in looks, maybe.
I don't even know where to start reviewing this shit from. All-star release, no less! Especially Grirogy Leps, who is probably the best Russian pop/rock-singer who can do hard-rock vocals and go into high register. I was sure he'd have no problem singing Sail Away - HOW could HE fail?? He's so much all over the place it's not even funny!
A. Marshal - his choice is "Lazy". And he took it... literally. The whole song is like... recorded in a lounge area while having a erotic massage. And if you think that's the only song like that here, you're just wrong.
S. Mazaev - he just does not fit here well, his vocals, just does not fit. Loungy jazz, again.
Deep Purple and bloody jazz... Don't get me wrong, I like jazz. But don't bloody apply it to Deep Purple, and if you're going to, you've gotta be a bloody genius to make it work - because usually it doesn't.
About instruments... Who the HELL chose instruments? And where from? At a sale in a scrapyard (though Russians aren't accustomed to yard sales)? Whose bright idea was to record everybody in separate rooms? Because I can tell they were, doesn't feel like a live setting at all. Let me remind you, Deep Purple have always been a LIVE band in the first place!
Ironically, the best - really, better - versions are by bands that obviously preferred to record themselves, not with session musicians. Sandler and some band with a female singer. The former are just alright, and the latter actually made their pick (can't remember what song) actually quite interesting, funky.
And finally - they decided to go with an all-star ending with Smoke On The Water (well, almost ending). This should be epic because it's all-star, right? Surely? WRONG! I want to meet the person and look him/her in the eyes and ask - why did you decide to turn SMW into a fuckin' DISCO???????????????
Ugh... it's absolutely sad and causes headache... sorry for the swearing, but I just can't... hold back..."
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

moodyblue wrote:BUMP.....time maybe to re appraise all the crap since the last post.
Anything Justin Bieber did.
pinkyblue123
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkyblue123 »

STEPS
THE HOUSEMARTINS
OASIS
ANYTHING WITH RAP in it !
VAN MORRISON (I know he did {or should I say, tried} CN at Berlin), THE worst ever imo, and never liked him since (or even before). Even though I like brown eyed girls ! (NOT the song) !! :roll:
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

2015 edition damn where do you start

5 Seconds of Summer
Nick Jonas
Megan Trainer
Charlie pooft
Miley is a slut cyrus
Will.I.Am (spell your name correctly c***)
Ariana Grande (a Mariah Carey copycat)
Lil Wayne
Nicki Minaj
Justin Bieber
1 pointless direction
Skrillex
David Guetta
Robin THICK
Kanye West
Jason Derulo
Train
Flo Rida
Moron - Maroon 5
Little Mix
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Rap, Opera and country. All fingernails on a chalkboard.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

azza200 wrote:2015 edition damn where do you start

5 Seconds of Summer
Nick Jonas
1 pointless direction
Aside from spelling mistakes...
1. They're not even a quintet :lol:
2. Why not all of them brothers!?
3. They do have a direction - to Hell.

I stopped having music hate pets a while ago because, believe it or not, any artist can surprise me in a positive way. And when an actually good track slips through, what good is to blindly criticize it because of the hatred!? I'm open-ninded.
BUT!
Nicki Minaj is REALLY asking me to hate her mu-sick.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

moom wrote:Nicki Minaj is REALLY asking me to hate her mu-sick.
With NM, the key is to watch, don't listen.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I don't even want to watch, she's yuck to me.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I see Phil Collins is making a comeback. While I'd not file him under "worst music ever", he is definitely someone whose musical output went rapidly downhill.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

snifferdog wrote:I see Phil Collins is making a comeback. While I'd not file him under "worst music ever", he is definitely someone whose musical output went rapidly downhill.
Against All Odds in the Sussudio