Rachel Fury doesn't breathe!

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Edel
Axe
Axe

Rachel Fury doesn't breathe!

Post by Edel »

Or at least not inhaling in an audible way. :shock:

I'm of course referring to her part of the solo in Great gig on DSOT. You can not hear that woman inhale. As oppose to Durga McBroom who pants for air like a beached fish.

How does she do it? :D It's stunning!
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Well, be that as it is, I'm sure she was afraid to care.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

still terrible version of Great Gig along with the even worse Venice 89 version :oops: :twisted:
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

Probably a lovely girl, but I'm not a big fan of Rachel. She has a strange voice and IMO, I don't particuarly think it suits Great Gig.

As to wether she breathes or not, it would be very skillful of her not to. I feel that many a good vocal is spoiled by the audible gasp of air between lyrics. So she has that in her favour.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Actually, part of the reason she doesn't breathe is because it's not her. According to Wikipedia, the album version of GGitS had Rachel's vocal track removed and redone in the studio by Sam Brown.

I like Fury's take on the song. Most live attempts at Great Gig sound pretty bad, but the version on the DSoT film is awesome.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Tenniru wrote:Actually, part of the reason she doesn't breathe is because it's not her. According to Wikipedia, the album version of GGitS had Rachel's vocal track removed and redone in the studio by Sam Brown.

I like Fury's take on the song. Most live attempts at Great Gig sound pretty bad, but the version on the DSoT film is awesome.
dude you mean the Video audio as Great Gig is not on the DSOT album
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

ive gotta admit that Rachael did Great Gig terribly. Sam Brown and Carol Kenyon do it much much better!
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Woah, you're right. Sam Brown did some amazing work matching Fury's mouth movements. (I guess I like Sam Brown's version of the song, not Rachel Fury.)
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

Where is Rachel Fury :) The most asked question ever!
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Tenniru wrote:Actually, part of the reason she doesn't breathe is because it's not her. According to Wikipedia, the album version of GGitS had Rachel's vocal track removed and redone in the studio by Sam Brown.

DSoThunder version was Rachel Fury, Durga McBroom and Margaret Taylor. The latter hit a note higher than Rachel or Durga reached in a screaming mode which was two octaves above middle C.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Rachel Fury doesn't breathe!

Post by moom »

Edel wrote:Or at least not inhaling in an audible way. :shock:

I'm of course referring to her part of the solo in Great gig on DSOT. You can not hear that woman inhale. As oppose to Durga McBroom who pants for air like a beached fish.

How does she do it? :D It's stunning!
Was it possible just to cut out the inhaling, like it is now?
pikey
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pikey »

whats wrong with you guys!!! did any of you see the momentary lapse of reason gigs where you there!!!Rachel Fury was spectacular she has never
been overdubbed on great gig by Sam Brown there voices are very different but Rachel really goes for it magic!!
martin_nh
Embryo
Embryo

Post by martin_nh »

A norwegian trumpet player can breathe with his nose, while he plays the trumpet. So the air comes in the nose and goes out the mouth. Maybe that is what she does?
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

martin_nh wrote:A norwegian trumpet player can breathe with his nose, while he plays the trumpet. So the air comes in the nose and goes out the mouth. Maybe that is what she does?
You mean she played Great Gig on a trumpet?? :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Rachel Fury doesn't breathe!

Post by moom »

If I try hard, I can knock out a good (though not a masterpiece) male version of that GGITS vocal. I tried to recently.