Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
alframsey
Axe
Axe

Re: Richard Wright Dies Age 65 - 1943 - 2008 - Pay Respects Here

Post by alframsey »

Ive read all of this thread, and i have realised how much Pink Floyd mean too people! I have been in contact with some form of their music everyday since i was 11 years old. They have helped make me who i am and have influenced me in so many was!

I have said this already but, this news has really knocked me (its not like im inconsoulable, but im not very cheerful and ive been down ever since i heard the news, and my eye's filled up with tears when i first heard), is this silly?

RIP rick.

SHINE ON!!!
:( :( :(
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

He left a brilliant legacy, something that not many humans do. And he is out of pain and in the universe, where his music is and will always be. He, and Pink Floyd, are eternal. 8)
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Goodbye Rick. R.I.P.

stanzet
Embryo
Embryo

Post by stanzet »

Bye, Bye, Richard!
RIP.
Stanislaw Zielonka
walled24bugger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by walled24bugger »

R.I.P. RICHARD WILLIAM WRIGHT (1943-2008), WE WILL SORELY MISS U !!! UR MUSICAL STYLE OF PLAYING HAS CONTRIBUTED A LOT TOWARDS THE "PINK FLOYD" SOUND AND TO MUSIC IN GENERAL. SAY HI TO SYD ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US FLOYD FANS. ------ ROHAN !!!
earpro
Embryo
Embryo

Post by earpro »

.......WOW !! Now THAT is a real surprise......too, too bad... I can only say I respect and hope he goes to a better place...AND that I really did 'catch' a lot of meaning/feeling AND music from his particular (keyboard) style.... To me he played (at his best) with a openness and an almost-seeming 'psychedelic soul' that took a LOT of a certain type of courage/confidence/ and conviction to play..... He defined a 'new' way to play....and his solo work was HIGHLY overlooked and passed over..... There are parts of my own musical appreciation and compreHENSION that are better and more enriched for having had the chance to have heard his music/influence....

-Dave Nelson [email protected]
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

justabagofatoms wrote:He left a brilliant legacy, something that not many humans do. And he is out of pain and in the universe, where his music is and will always be. He, and Pink Floyd, are eternal. 8)
2nd that.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Goodbye, Rick! You were an influence...
Christophe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Christophe »

C'est une affreuse nouvelle, je suis très très triste, rien ne laissait penser à cette disparition si brutale et les mots ne peuvent traduire la peine qui m'est posée par cette disparition.
J'écoutais au casque ce samedi TDSOTM et redécouvrais toute la richesse de cette oeuvre puissante, unique, complexe et incroyable, les nuances subtiles de ces compositions notamment Richard et son jeu aux claviers, la plénitude des mélodies, grâce à son apport dans le phrasé aérien qui a tant marqué ce monument de musique... Et puis sa voix aussi, cette délicatesse que l'on retrouve globalement au long des ans...
C'est une perte immense, c'est un deuil qui me touche profondément, un coup d'arrêt, un espoir de voir naître d'autres bijoux en solo ou en compagnie de David et Nick et, après la disparition de Syd, c'est une autre page qui se referme. Seule la musique nous reste, nous ne les reverrons plus ensemble, ils restent seulement vivants en nous à jamais.
Mes pensées à sa famille, repose en paix, Richard, tu nous as tant apporté.

Christophe
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Please post in English only.
Christophe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Christophe »

I hoped for a little of understanding, that was just my tribute for Richard and my english is so bad !

Christophe
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Christophe wrote:I hoped for a little of understanding, that was just my tribute for Richard and my english is so bad !

Christophe
I wish my French were better and I could translate your tribute for you. I got the main jist of what you wrote, and it was very nice and heartfelt. 8)
alanh
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alanh »

I really am so very sad.

RIP RICK.
Wuhegthon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Wuhegthon »

He will never die, his legend and music lives forever with us and our kids will pass it...

Timeless....

So sorry... RIP

"Brasil"
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I was shocked to hear the sad news on Monday. I guess I always looked at Pink Floyd as immortals because of their music and I really couldn't believe the news at first. It was a sad day for all of us Pink Floyd fans out there.

Rest in piece, Rick. Thank you for all the music you gave us that will be immortal.

:( :( :(