Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Richard Wright Dies Age 65 - 1943 - 2008 - Pay Respects Here

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Keith Jordan wrote:Please post in English only.
Maybe at this time you can be a little lenient. There are a lot of PF fans that are not English speaking. The mere fact that he chose your forum above all others to pay his respects says heaps for the community here.

We have plenty of time later to berate.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Heard about his passing yesterday. Saw him for the first time in July, 1977, the Animals '77. Then saw him on and for many years thereafter, seeing him in person for the last time in l994..P.U.L.S.E. concert. Saw him on two DVD's with David. He looked a little older (don't we all) and with less hair when he played with David in 2004 or thereabout, and again when he toured with David in 2006. Except for less hair and whiter hair, he looked quite healthy.

He and David had a special connection when they played. You could hear the magic in Any Colour You Like and the end instrumental in Echoes.

The family spokesman said he had cancer for just a short while. Let us hope he didn't suffer too much and that he and Syd meet in Heaven. RIP Richard.
purple_phnark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by purple_phnark »

I was coming home from work, and heard about Richard passing away. I felt a deep sadness, as one of the greatest keyboard players, and vocalist, was no longer with us. What made it even harder for me, was that it was my birthday when he passed. Richard is now playing, "that great gig in the sky". The world of music has suffered a great loss. Rest in peace.
shineon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shineon »

i feel like a huge weight has been weighing down on me ever since i heard of his passing. rick was an exceptional musician and one of the most underrated humanbeings on the planet... RIP, man you will be missed
Jim
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jim »

Dear Floyds & Family

Am profoundly remorseful for your loss, you contain my deepest sympathies and sincere condolences; may his essence respite in peace with God’s seraphs.

Respectfully

JD
PFralst
Knife
Knife

Post by PFralst »

R.I.P, Richard, On The Dark Side Of The Moon! :smt022
Christophe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Christophe »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
Christophe wrote:I hoped for a little of understanding, that was just my tribute for Richard and my english is so bad !

Christophe
I wish my French were better and I could translate your tribute for you. I got the main jist of what you wrote, and it was very nice and heartfelt. 8)
Thanks a lot Syd'sSexy 8)

Christophe
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Grief really doesn't need any translation. The French was beautiful to look at, even though I couldn't understand it, I think we get the gist. 8)
Christophe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Christophe »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Please post in English only.
Maybe at this time you can be a little lenient. There are a lot of PF fans that are not English speaking. The mere fact that he chose your forum above all others to pay his respects says heaps for the community here.

We have plenty of time later to berate.
There are so many interesting things to read on this forum, I have to improve !
Many thanks Kingfisher_flashing 8)

Christophe
Trokut
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Trokut »

the world just wont be a same place:(:(:(
R.I.P. hope he is in a better place... :( :(
kenpink
Axe
Axe

Post by kenpink »

what a sad day ,the loss of richard was no surprise to me really if anybody really noticed in the recent floyd related interviews you could tell he was not a well man,in fact i even said to my friend that he looked really ill.so goodbye rick and listening to echoes now you will always be part of a very special time in my life, i was looking forward to probably another album from you and maybe even one day come to my home city of liverpool with maybe dave etc but alas this will no longer happen r i p
Swan lee
Axe
Axe

Post by Swan lee »

R.I.P. Rick , thanks for your music and your kindness. Please embrace Syd from me.
Peel Head Boc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Peel Head Boc »

Thank you Richard for your contribution to the band and music I truly love. Your contribution was immense, and the Floyd would not have been the Floyd without you. We'll all miss you. Thank you. God bless.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Post by simpledumbpilot »

After 2 years working at a music venue in Hove I finally got up and joined in on the thursday jam night in tribute to Rick by playing bass on Comfortably Numb, possibly not the most appropriate song to choose given the circumstances around that period but we felt we had to do something. It was an odd experience.
LittleEchoesGhostie
Axe
Axe

Re: Rick Wright, RIP - 1943 - 2008

Post by LittleEchoesGhostie »

He was beside Gilmour my fave Floydie :smt085 F***ing Cancer! I will miss good ol' Wrightie :cry: