Did Rick record on ALL of Pink Floyd's albums?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did Rick record on ALL of Pink Floyd's albums?

Post by Keith Jordan »

I was just reading this article from The Sun and it said he recorded on all but one of the albums. Is that true? Which one did he not record on? The Wall? I thought he did??
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Did Rick record on ALL of Pink Floyd's albums?

Post by Beowulf »

Keith Jordan wrote:I was just reading this article from The Sun and it said he recorded on all but one of the albums. Is that true? Which one did he not record on? The Wall? I thought he did??
The Final cut was Rickless
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Because it was a Roger Water's solo album? He was not friends with Roger at that pont was he? Due to bullying!! I wonder how Roger feels now the fool!!

As you have answered the question posed by this thread, I suppose the natural direction of the thread now is WHY he didn't record on it!
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Keith Jordan wrote:Because it was a Roger Water's solo album? He was not friends with Roger at that pont was he? Due to bullying!! I wonder how Roger feels now the fool!!

As you have answered the question posed by this thread, I suppose the natural direction of the thread now is WHY he didn't record on it!
It's set out pretty clearly in Nick's book I think. Roger sacked him (again) as I recall
Atom Heart Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Atom Heart Sun »

Again? I thought he was sacked before the Wall shows, primarily at Roger's suggestion but with the apparent agreement of Nick and David. So for those concerts he was effectively a session musician, and like any other of the many people involved in the Wall shows he simply wasn't "needed" for the Final Cut sessions because he was not actually a part of the band.

So as far as I know he was officially sacked just once.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Atom Heart Sun wrote:Again? I thought he was sacked before the Wall shows, primarily at Roger's suggestion but with the apparent agreement of Nick and David. So for those concerts he was effectively a session musician, and like any other of the many people involved in the Wall shows he simply wasn't "needed" for the Final Cut sessions because he was not actually a part of the band.

So as far as I know he was officially sacked just once.
Possibly, but I think he was reinstated to do some of The Wal shows so not being on TFC could be regarded as another one?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

not reinstated, he was a paid employee like Snowy White and the rest of the surrogate band
the remaining three held shares of some sort and lost money on the "tour", Rick cashed a paycheck and made money
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

J Ed wrote:not reinstated, he was a paid employee like Snowy White and the rest of the surrogate band
the remaining three held shares of some sort and lost money on the "tour", Rick cashed a paycheck and made money
... that rings a bell. I stand corrected
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Keith Jordan wrote:Because it was a Roger Water's solo album? He was not friends with Roger at that pont was he? Due to bullying!! I wonder how Roger feels now the fool!!

seems like a futile attempt to stop the thread from going off topic to me :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Keith Jordan wrote:I was just reading this article from The Sun and it said he recorded on all but one of the albums. Is that true? Which one did he not record on? The Wall? I thought he did??
He did not record on The Final Cut. He officially left PF and was not a member of Pink Floyd during that time and his name is also not mentioned in the album credits. Pink Floyd is listed as three members there.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Nick Mason is the ONLY member of Pink Floyd to have played on ALL Pink Floyd albums.

Although his contribution to AMLOR was largely ceremonial, he apparently DID play SOMETHING on that album.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick declined invitations, had he received any. Because he was gutted, especially by Roger.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

mosespa wrote:Nick Mason is the ONLY member of Pink Floyd to have played on ALL Pink Floyd albums.

Although his contribution to AMLOR was largely ceremonial, he apparently DID play SOMETHING on that album.
What exactly did he play? Truant?
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

Beowulf wrote:
mosespa wrote:Nick Mason is the ONLY member of Pink Floyd to have played on ALL Pink Floyd albums.

What exactly did he play? Truant?
i'm pretty sure it was nick on the cowbell. though, imho, there wasn't enough of it on the album.

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Did Rick actually record anything on that two-men Floyd LP?