Nick annoys Lily Allen

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Nick annoys Lily Allen

Post by Stephen »

:lol: :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Lets not start another cold war!! Focus your energy on Lili Allen!! :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I doubt she's too hot on geography either. She probably thinks civilisation stops east of Croydon
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Damn!t wrote:I'm not from Serbia.
Serbia, Croatia, same shit different asshole!

Joke man. Its like people calling Scotland England.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Damn!t wrote:
moom wrote:1. Hmm what kind of equipment do they use in Serbia
I'm not from Serbia.
Pay attention in the future, you russian git.
Fight fire with fire, right :lol: ? Sclerosis I have. You, too :lol: .
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Back on topic then, Lily can get to fuck!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Back on topic then, Lily can get to fuck!
with me :twisted:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

She says she's retiring but I bet she's telling porkie pies
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I hope she retires to somewhere in the middle of the desert where we cannot here her annoying cockney whines and complaints any more.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I love that this has just turned in to a thread about slating Lily rather than discussing the issue whatsoever. Firstly it's not like she said anything remotely offensive about Nick, and secondly, i personally agree with her. While it is easy to point out that if people like your material then they will later buy it, keep in mind that Lily has a much younger fan base than any of the artists she is in disagreement with and thus will have a less disposable income. Yes downloading does allow more people to hear your music... But it can make it hard for new up and coming bands. I'd love to say 'oh if it's gooe enough i'd go out and buy it...' but that simply isn't true. Unless i really love the music then no thanks, i'd rather just have it on my Ipod. MP3s generally discourage ownership in those who aren't album collectors, and with new up and coming groups (or those young hipsters like Lily Allen) then i could easily see MP3s on ones Ipod being the preffered way to collect music, so why would they give a shit if the MP3s come legally or illegally? I don't feel bad for her, the amount she makes through promos and that god awful talk-show, but i do agree with her.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

sad but true - most people who download illegally have no intention of ever supporting the artist - even if they like what they download.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Its only a modern concept to actually equate music with money, sadly.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yep, that argument about someone going out and buying the album if they like the mp3s they've acquired from somewhere nefarious is a red herring. In truth she's right but most people won't want to admit it because she does have that annoyance factor. The problem is that the likes of Napster (the original one) changed everything. It made getting one's hands on mp3s so much easier and got people of all ages into the habit of getting music for free. It's hard to walk into a shop and hand over €15 for a CD when you could just as easily go elsewhere for the mp3s and get it for nothing.

It's hard to see what the record companies can do. I can see them being more stick and less carrot in the years to come.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

teenagehood is precisely when people do spend ridiculous ammounts of money on recordings
later on a person learns the importance of rent, groceries and saving for retirement

if a song is good enough to shuffle on your ipod for a couple of weeks but not to actually buy the album, then its not a good song
its failed a test and maybe this new technology will be a good thing in that it weeds out pop fluff from works of lasting value, thus delivering a monetary reward to artists who produce music worth listening to more than once

you know how people keep looking at the lists of bestselling records of all time and are surprised so many of the top entries are longforgotten fad records like the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack?
how so many topsellers one year all end up as garage sale joke records the next?
thats the result of people buying an album cuz its trendy without actually knowing whether theyll like the music or not ... if the album were any good they wouldnt be putting it out in the garage sale
this mp3 technology will solve that particular market distortion, and from this point on records that top sales charts will do so because theyve proven themselves to be a worthy purchase to prospective buyers

theres a concept from 1st year microeconomics classes: the price agreed on by purchaser and sellers assumes the purchaser has perfect information about what he is buying
hearing an album before you buy it gives you perfect information and prevents ripoffs on the part of the seller
any artist who opposes mp3s does not have confidence in her own product to sell itself once listeners have actually heard it
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

What should we do now then?
Shut down the internet? Free form file sharing cant be stopped. Nor it cant be controled.
Same as much as the flow of any information through the web.
Musicians will have to find another way of earning money.
Of course people are gonna download something for free rather then buy it.
Days of buying and listening music on solid medium are over.