Did Rick really say this????

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
mosespa

Re: Did Rick really say this????

Post by mosespa »

Never said I was referring to you, did I? :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Rick had said such a thing...but this is the first I've ever heard of it.

*shrug*
ScottF
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ScottF »

J Ed wrote:Ricks solo albums are all out of print so theres nothing to sell
its funny they werent reissued after his death, youda thunk thered be interest, especially after he costarred in Daves last tour
Excuse me for dragging up an old topic, but Wet Dream was reissued in 2008 in Australia. Might still be available.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I'd like to say it saddens me to hear they hate their early masterpieces...
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

30yrsydfan wrote:I am reading this piece:
http://www.sydbarrett.net/subpages/arti ... s_on_s.htm

and it states: Even the Floyd's Rick Wright, drunk on the success of "Dark Side Of The Moon", said of Barrett's songs, "I think they're appalling . . .musically, they're atrocious."

Anyone know if this is an accurate quote? If so i just lost an enourmous amount of respect for Rick.

It wasn't so much Barrett's songs Rick was refering to...in fact he thought Syd was a brilliant writer...it was the two solo albums and the ram-shackled state the tunes came out like due to Syd's condition at the time. That's what he was talking about....and I've heard it, not read it, in an interview. Haven't looked at this article you list but I'm guessing Rick's quote was taken out of context. Rick had great respect for Syd and his music both...just not the condition the songs were released in.