Did "Richard Wright" sit in on a BB King session?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Did "Richard Wright" sit in on a BB King session?

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I've fallen out with a friend who had a BB King album and on the credits "Richard Wright" played keyboards on a few songs. I know "Caledonia" was one of the songs.
Or is there another keyboard player who also has the same name?
It's really not worth getting back in touch with my friend to find out more about the album, but the collective heads of NPF might have a clue one way or another?

And now I play the waiting game...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Did "Richard Wright" sit in on a BB King session?

Post by nosaj »

It seems to be true - scroll down and click on the link "Richard Wright" on this page: http://www.answers.com/topic/the-best-o ... lues-album

Wow! News to me.
Felix Atagong
Axe
Axe

Post by Felix Atagong »

Not wanting to spoil your fun, but it is another Richard (Rick) Wright.
B.B. King in London is a studio album by B.B. King recorded in London in 1971. He is accompanied by US session musicians and various British R&B musicians, including Alexis Korner, and members of Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie and with Rick Wright - not of Pink Floyd fame as some have stated. Rick and his female companion Fritz started a short-lived blues-based band Sunrise which came to an end after Rick's death in a car accident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._B._King_in_London
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Felix Atagong wrote:Not wanting to spoil your fun, but it is another Richard (Rick) Wright.
B.B. King in London is a studio album by B.B. King recorded in London in 1971. He is accompanied by US session musicians and various British R&B musicians, including Alexis Korner, and members of Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie and with Rick Wright - not of Pink Floyd fame as some have stated. Rick and his female companion Fritz started a short-lived blues-based band Sunrise which came to an end after Rick's death in a car accident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._B._King_in_London
I knew it was too good to be true. Sad to hear about his accident. Guess that's why they call it the blues then...
Felix Atagong
Axe
Axe

Post by Felix Atagong »

I am one of the 'suckers' who bought that album uin the Seventies because it had the alleged Rick Wright. But of course the other guests are worth the money (and so is the album, BTW): Ringo Starr, Peter Green, Alexis Korner, Jim Price, Gary Wright, Klaus Voorman, Steve Marriott, Jerry Shirley, Jim Keltner, Mac Rebennack (Dr John) and Steve Winwood, to name just the most famous ones.