Rick trashed in Sunday Newspaper

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Rick trashed in Sunday Newspaper

Post by Bigmanpigman »

In the 'Mail on Sunday' today in The UK. Pretty much a hatchet job on Rick from one of his ex-wives. I would say a fairly standard 'Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll' story. She's obviously after some cash, and maybe she deserves it. Good luck to her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cenes.html
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Rick trashed in Sunday Newspaper

Post by Wolfpack »

How does she dare to have some criticism on Wright's behaviour! :shock:
Who does she think Wright is? Roger Waters?! :P

I think her story is reasonable.
She's not hatching him. She's expressing her mixed emotions about her time with him.
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Wolfpack wrote:She's expressing her mixed emotions about her time with him.
I'm sure she's been expressing these emotions for years. What she's doing now is trying to make some money off of these emotions.

Wolfpack wrote:I think her story is reasonable.
From her story: "(Wright) was forced out of the band by roger waters"

Wolf, you didn't think it was reasonable when I said the same thing.
It is this desire to be recognised which has prompted her to speak out about her decade-long marriage to Pink Floyd’s quietest member. And she hopes that by revealing her life with the band, she can finally make peace with the past.
So she didn't accept payment? Just wants recognition? Okay. I recognize.

Let us know if she says anything nice about her ex. I missed it.

No wonder Rick ran off with other women. I'm surprised she wants to go see Gilmour. If David was struggling to get by, playing some tiny club, I wonder if she'd go offer her support.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Kerry King wrote:What she's doing now is trying to make some money off of these emotions.
She would have got much more money if Wright kept his financial promises.
Kerry King wrote:From her story: "[after [Wright] had been forced from the band by Roger Waters]"
Wolf, you didn't think it was reasonable when I said the same thing.
I've only emphasized, Gilmour and Mason agreed with Waters.
How do you explain Wright unwilling to talk with Gilmour?
‘Rick didn’t talk too much about why he left the band, except to say he was fed up with Waters’s ego,’ Franka says. ‘When we bumped into David in Lindos, both men studiously ignored each other.
Here, this is news to me. Wright and Gilmour also having a dispute, ignoring each other.

And now, Gilmour appears to be ignoring her.
Despite her (self-reported) role in getting Wright into renewed contact with him and Mason.
Kerry King wrote:Let us know if she says anything nice about her ex. I missed it.
She runs a worldwide Pink Floyd fan club and declares openly that she still loves Wright, who she refers to as ‘my darling’, even though he indulged in every conceivable rock cliché throughout their relationship, from taking industrial quantities of drugs to sleeping with endless groupies. She has never remarried.
She still loves Wright. She refers to him as "my darling".
Kerry King wrote:No wonder Rick ran off with other women.
Are you really going this way? :shock:
Cheating is okay? Cheating doesn't make someone guilty in the way a marriage is ending? :?
Kerry King wrote:I'm surprised she wants to go see Gilmour. If David was struggling to get by, playing some tiny club, I wonder if she'd go offer her support.
Shall we stick to facts, instead of fantasizing about what might have happened if Gilmour was a tramp or whatever? :?
Maybe she would offer the poor man a free place to stay at her home in Greece. Maybe they would have started a band together, getting even bigger than Pink Floyd. Maybe, maybe, maybe... :lol:
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Wolfpack wrote:She would have got much more money if Wright kept his financial promises.
Financial promises? According to her and some unofficial piece of paper. Or did Wright tell you personally that he promised her these things?

Wolfpack wrote:She still loves Wright.

Read the article again. That's love? Who tells a daily rag such personal stuff about a deceased love one? The fact that she did this tells me she doesn't love him. Don't you protect the ones you love? Or do you gossip about them after they're dead? This stuff happened over 25 years ago. If it was Waters you'd undoubtedly be making excuses for him.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Kerry King wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:She would have got much more money if Wright kept his financial promises.
Financial promises? According to her and some unofficial piece of paper. Or did Wright tell you personally that he promised her these things?
Wright financial promises ("wishes"), signed by him, are shown in the article:

Is this just an unofficial piece of paper, meaning nothing?
Then that's a sly way to get someone into a relationship. Just promise anything, and even sign it, because it means... nothing. :o
If Wright would have signed a Pink Floyd album for her, his autograph might have been worth more. :?
Kerry King wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:She still loves Wright.

Read the article again. That's love? Who tells a daily rag such personal stuff about a deceased love one? The fact that she did this tells me she doesn't love him. Don't you protect the ones you love? Or do you gossip about them after they're dead? This stuff happened over 25 years ago.
Having four miscarriages is not just some "stuff" of 25 years ago. [-X
Discovering your husband in bed with another woman whom he made pregnant, can be extremely painful. Lots of women wouldn't have called such a man "my darling".
Kerry King wrote:If it was Waters you'd undoubtedly be making excuses for him.
If she would have praised Wright as being a god on Earth, you would have loved the article as being one of the best biographical highlights ever put on paper. :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Wolfpack wrote:Having four miscarriages is not just some "stuff" of 25 years ago. [-X
All excess aside, I fail to see how Rick was directly responsible for her miscarriages she keeps blaming him for.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Wolfpack wrote:Franka says. ‘When we bumped into David in Lindos, both men studiously ignored each other.
Here, this is news to me. Wright and Gilmour also having a dispute, ignoring each other.
It's news to me, too.

A few years back David said this about Rick:

"No-one can replace Richard Wright - he was my musical partner and my friend."
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Kerry King wrote:unofficial piece of paper.
He should have made it legal if he was serious.

This doesn't mean you don't have the right to be gleeful about a dead member of pink floyd being trashed in public by someone who once knew him in the 80s.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Just read the Letter of Wishes and whether or not it's legally binding (we don't know if it is or not), it says a pension should be paid to his wife 'Paraskevi Wright'. I thought her name was Franka? :/
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Hudini wrote:All excess aside, I fail to see how Rick was directly responsible for her miscarriages she keeps blaming him for.
Stress during the pregnancy.
Kerry King wrote:[unofficial piece of paper] He should have made it legal if he was serious.
The paper looks legal at first sight.
It's a sly way to fool a partner who trusts you.
Kerry King wrote:This doesn't mean you don't have the right to be gleeful about a dead member of pink floyd being trashed in public by someone who once knew him in the 80s.
What do you mean, "doesn't mean you don't have the right to be gleeful"?
Where is she gleeful, according to you? :?

She isn't just "someone who once knew him in the 80s".
She was married to him! She had four pregnancies.
Interesting how fans often degrade an idol's partner. :?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Wolfpack wrote:Stress during the pregnancy.
Again, how was he directly responsible for that? Maybe she wasn't able to carry a normal pregnancy in the first place? I mean, women have delivered normal babies in far more stressful situations (concentration camps, per instance). While one miscarriage could be attributed to stress, three more rather suggest there is something wrong with woman's reproductive health. And blaming someone else for your health problems is not really appropriate.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Hudini wrote:Again, how was he directly responsible for that? Maybe she wasn't able to carry a normal pregnancy in the first place? I mean, women have delivered normal babies in far more stressful situations (concentration camps, per instance). While one miscarriage could be attributed to stress, three more rather suggest there is something wrong with woman's reproductive health. And blaming someone else for your health problems is not really appropriate.
Wright can't indeed be held directly responsible for the miscarriages.
I think her message basically is, without all the emotions, that Wright's behaviour made the pregnancies (and the resulting miscarriages) more difficult to deal with.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Pink Floyd star leaves nothing in will to his three wives :-;

Rick Wright, the keyboard player in Pink Floyd, has left £24 million in his will to his children, but nothing to his three wives

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... wives.html
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Kerry King wrote:
This doesn't mean you don't have the right to be gleeful about a dead member of pink floyd being trashed in public by someone who once knew him in the 80s.
Wolfpack wrote: What do you mean, "doesn't mean you don't have the right to be gleeful"?
Where is she gleeful, according to you? :?
I was talking about you. In my sentence, "you" meant YOU, "someone" meant her. Hope that clears it up.