Roger at Glastonbury

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Roger at Glastonbury

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I just watched Roger's performance at Glastonbury,which was good,i saw him play "Wish You Were Here" and "Money",the crowd seemed to love it,i only saw the highlights on BBC2 though,is that all he played?surely not?was Nick there?.somebody tell me more.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think they aired comfortably numb as well acording to the echoes group. I recorded it from Sky Digital and will be posting the MP3s on my site as well as some photos that were kindly sent to me of the glastonbury gig!! :D

He played Shine on, Time and Comfortably numb. Or should I say, that is what the BBC broadcast. I expect he played more. I am waiting for a set list! :D
airlad
Embryo
Embryo

Roger at Glastonbury

Post by airlad »

I spent last night going from BBC 2 to BBC Choice trying to get as much as I could on video. They showed Shine on, Wish you were here, Money and Comfortably Numb.

Perhaps they'll show more on the highlights.

Mark

[email protected]
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am about to put wish you were here, money and comfortably numb on my website. If anybody has shine on as a .wav file or MP3 encoded above 260kb/s, I would really appreciate that to put on the FTP server to share with everybody!! :D :D :D Roger and the band played great. They sounded amazing!!

Post by Guest »

They did play alright apart from when Snowy White messed it up at the beginning of Wish you were here. :?

Mark

[email protected]
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

All sounds great,but was Nick there?
Jimbo
Embryo
Embryo

Glastonbury

Post by Jimbo »

Can anyone tell me who all the band members were?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can have a look at the band biographies at the following link

http://www.roger-waters.com/RW_BandBiogs.pdf

you need acrobat reader to view the file. most windows computers have it already installed. :D :D
ZoSo

WoW!!!

Post by ZoSo »

All I can say is WoW! I'm Alidad and I'm from Iran but I live in paris... 19 june was one of the best days in my whole life I know i'm not good in english but who cares!!! 7 years I have been waiting for this day and finally i was there... And WoW WoW WoW...!
But one thing was wrong ... I wished that he played "each small candle" but unfortunatly he played "flickering flames" !!! :? But anyway I think that if he is not the best, he is one of the best...! Thanx God and thanx roger
Matty

Post by Matty »

Yeah i saw him live at glasto, he was brillient, the quadrophonic sound was amazing, especially in dogs when it sounded like the whole audience were surrounded by dogs. There were some hiccups but on the whole i thought it was fantastic, the only thing being that i probably would have enjoyed it more if i hadn't bought the dvd in the flesh a while before, as he played pretty much the same set as he does on in the flesh, not that i'm complaining, but i then could guess what songs he was going to play, and there was none of that will he play my favourite song? and then the joy when he plays it, but still i loved it, especcialy Dogs and Mother, which i think were played wonderfully.