TOP GEAR GUY PRATT

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

TOP GEAR GUY PRATT

Post by jonesy »

Just been watchin top gear and guy pratt was on there haha
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

yeah i saw him too
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

"Guy Pratt, who, amongst other things, plays bass for Pink Floyd whilst they're arguing."

Can't believe Nick lent them his Enzo again! :D

Oh how I adore Top Gear. :smt049
tabitha
Embryo
Embryo

Re: TOP GEAR GUY PRATT

Post by tabitha »

Top Gear cracks me up - that one where they "sailed" (i.e. sank in) the Channel was hysterical, lol!

Guy Pratt has apparently toured as a stand-up, telling stories about the bands he's played with - check it out:

http://www.t5m.com/guy-pratt/
mags
Blade
Blade

Post by mags »

tabitha wrote:Top Gear cracks me up - that one where they "sailed" (i.e. sank in) the Channel was hysterical, lol!

Guy Pratt has apparently toured as a stand-up, telling stories about the bands he's played with - check it out:

The vids won't play- does one have to register? I hate that.
Oh, and welcome Tabitha.
tabitha
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tabitha »

mags wrote:
tabitha wrote:Top Gear cracks me up - that one where they "sailed" (i.e. sank in) the Channel was hysterical, lol!

The vids won't play- does one have to register? I hate that.
Oh, and welcome Tabitha.
Ooh, I don't know - how frustrating! I just logged in with my FaceBook - did you try that? Don't worry - they don't bombard you with emails or anything - let me know if that works :)

And thanks for the welcome!
mags
Blade
Blade

Post by mags »

I don't have the Facebook thingy, maybe I can figure a workaround- I have seen some of his other interviews( some linked here in other posts, if one cares to search)- he is an interesting chap.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

tabitha wrote:Guy Pratt has apparently toured as a stand-up, telling stories about the bands he's played with
Saw him at the Edinburgh festival when he was premiering it. A decent enough show even if it was a lot more interesting than funny. Tells some good pink floyd annecdotes. I beleive he released a book based on his experience too
tabitha
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tabitha »

David Smith wrote:
tabitha wrote:Guy Pratt has apparently toured as a stand-up, telling stories about the bands he's played with
Saw him at the Edinburgh festival when he was premiering it. A decent enough show even if it was a lot more interesting than funny. Tells some good pink floyd annecdotes. I beleive he released a book based on his experience too
Yeah, I thought that's how it'd be - still good material though, for enthusiasts ;)
tabitha
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tabitha »

mags wrote:I don't have the Facebook thingy, maybe I can figure a workaround- I have seen some of his other interviews( some linked here in other posts, if one cares to search)- he is an interesting chap.
P.s. It seems to be OK now - hopefully it'll work this time :)
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

David Smith wrote:
the book is hilarious! I laughed so much reading all those stories about Michael Jackson, Madonna and a completely drunk David Gilmour!
mags
Blade
Blade

Post by mags »

Yes indeed, working fine now, thanks. Did you work some voodoo?
Some very interesting tidbits and trivia that I'd not heard or read about the PF and various other bands.
I wonder what Guy is up to these days.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Yucateco wrote:a completely drunk David Gilmour!
He never mentioned anything about that on the stage... Damn, now i'm intrigued about what Gilmour did so may read the book some point