Volume 2 to include The Wall! - help needed!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Volume 2 to include The Wall! - help needed!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK, I've run this by a few people and it looks feasible so, to follow on from including a complete Dark Side on volume 1 this time we are going to attempt The Wall! This will give a lot of our non-musical forum members an opportunity to participate as well as we will need various speech parts recorded. So far we have over half the album in the submitted and work in progress list and need people to step forward to handle the remaining songs. Heres a full list of tracks, I've now marked the tracks as ''received'', ''available'' or ''in progress'', if you happen to have a recording of one of the ''in progress songs'' you can still submit it as there is always the possibility that the person that has put their name down may not be able to deliver the song, should this happen i will use the newly submitted version, however, if the person that originally put their name down does deliver their version I will hold over the second version received for the next volume...

In The Flesh? *RECEIVED*
The Thin Ice *RECEIVED*
Another Brick In The Wall 1 *RECEIVED*
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives *RECEIVED*
Another Brick In The Wall 2 *RECEIVED*
Mother (in progress - Reakwon)
Goodbye Blue Sky *RECEIVED*
Empty Spaces / What Shall We Do Now? *RECEIVED*
Young Lust *RECEIVED*
One Of My Turns (in progress - forum collaboration)
Dont Leave Me Now *RECEIVED*
Another Brick In The Wall *RECEIVED*
Goodbye Cruel World *RECEIVED*
Hey You *RECEIVED*
Is There Anybody Out There? *RECEIVED*
Nobody Home *RECEIVED*
Vera *AVAILABLE*
Bring The Boys Back Home (in progress - arabwithknives)
Comfortably Numb *RECEIVED*
The Show Must Go On (in progress - Keith Jordan)
In The Flesh *RECEIVED*
Run Like Hell (in progress - [jon])
Waiting For The Worms (in progress - black bobble)
Stop *RECEIVED*
The Trial (in progress - forum collaboration)
Outside The Wall *RECEIVED*

When The Tigers Broke Free (in progress - Catharsiss)

So, if you would like tackle any of the remaining songs or maybe have some of them already recorded please send me a private message or an e-mail to [email protected] and I will add you to the list.

Remember folks, it doesnt have to be a faithful cover version, you can do the song in any style of your choosing, also if you fancy throwing in some lyrics from the demo versions feel free.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I will attempt The Show Must Go On. I was thinking of doing this ther other day actually. I love the harmonies on it!! Nice and simple too! 8) PM sent...
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

I've already sumitted Mathilda Mother, but if you desperately need a track from the wall that no-one else is doing - I don't mind giving it a go
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I will mess about with ABITW part 1 and see if I can come up with a good version. 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

black bobble wrote:I've already sumitted Mathilda Mother, but if you desperately need a track from the wall that no-one else is doing - I don't mind giving it a go
Good man, when will you need to know by? I remember you were able whip up On The Run in almost no time last year, I was dead impressed with the efficency :D If youre game for trying any track it would be best to wait until nearer the deadline but I dont want to leave you in a mad panic situation.
PublicImage wrote:I will mess about with ABITW part 1 and see if I can come up with a good version. 8)
and another good man! OK, adding you to the list now!
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

I'll be willing to do a guitar version of Nobody Home if someone overdubs with vocals and whatever else they like. It'll most likely sound like the Smashing Pumpkins style guitar (big surprise eh?), so don't expect anything soft or quiet like the original.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Is there anybody out there??? :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:I'll be willing to do a guitar version of Nobody Home if someone overdubs with vocals and whatever else they like. It'll most likely sound like the Smashing Pumpkins style guitar (big surprise eh?), so don't expect anything soft or quiet like the original.
Are you spying on me?
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

mosespa wrote:
saucerfulofmeddle wrote:I'll be willing to do a guitar version of Nobody Home if someone overdubs with vocals and whatever else they like. It'll most likely sound like the Smashing Pumpkins style guitar (big surprise eh?), so don't expect anything soft or quiet like the original.
Are you spying on me?
Wha?? I dunno, Stu already told me you were doing it anyway.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

mosespa wrote:
Are you spying on me?
He has cameras in my house, perhaps then yours as well :o
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I love the idea of doing the Trial as a forum collaboration.... my brother and i used to do that, on our road trips to visit the grandparents.... (Stoned out of our minds, on a dark, desert highway, in the dead of night.....great times!)
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

when will you need to know by?
When ever you realise you need a track - closer to the deadline would be fine[/code]
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Ill have a go at ggoodbye cruel woorld
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I would be happy to do a version of Vera. It's one of my very favourites from The Wall.

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Massed Gadgets wrote:I would be happy to do a version of Vera. It's one of my very favourites from The Wall.

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?
err sorry man, I already told Stu I'd do it earlier today, but forgot to post here. I'm only doing guitar, and perhaps drums though, if you'd be interesting in doing the vocals PM me.