Volume 2 to include The Wall! - help needed!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:
Massed Gadgets wrote:I would be happy to do a version of Vera. It's one of my very favourites from The Wall.

Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?
err sorry man, I already told Stu I'd do it earlier today, but forgot to post here. I'm only doing guitar, and perhaps drums though, if you'd be interesting in doing the vocals PM me.
no problem saucerful....vocals is my weak point though, so you'd be better getting someone else
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Volume 2 to include The Wall!

Post by ally »

simpledumbpilot wrote:This will give a lot of our non-musical forum members an opportunity to participate as well as we will need various speech parts recorded.
did someone say speaking parts? :D i'm up for it
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Volume 2 to include The Wall!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

ally wrote:did someone say speaking parts? :D i'm up for it
Yay, good stuff Ally, well if you fancy making a start you could always give the ''oh my god what a fabulous room'' bit a whirl and mail me over an mp3 at [email protected] or if theres any other parts youd like to do thats cool too! :D
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at Empty Spaces / What Shall We Do Now. They're much darker tracks than I'm accustomed to recording, but I enjoy a challenge! I'm sure I can get something done in the next few weeks!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

This is looking good folks, we only need people to step forward for 8 more songs (excluding Tigers and Last Few Bricks which we can still go ahead without but would be good to include if poossible, particularly Tigers), so if anyone wants to tackle any of the remaining tracks please step forward.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

The second In The Flesh is now available again as the person that was going to record it has had to pull out unfortunately, so if anyone would like to take a bash at it please do.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

The Thin Ice is now available again as the person that was going to record it has had to pull out unfortunately, so if anyone would like to take a bash at it please do.

Hmm, it seems our Wall is falling apart :(
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I'm still keen to tackle Goodbye Blue Sky, if that's okay. Don't seem to have been added to the list, which might sure things up a little. I have some fun ideas on how to arrange it and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

I do think that doing a complete Wall is an excellent idea, but as some of the tracks are a little short perhaps some of the people doing those tracks might be permitted to do more than one, that way all the songs will be snapped up. Maybe there could be some overlap, so that you get to chose the versions that work best in context from the available overspill. Could work, or would that be unnecessary overkill?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm working on a version of Goodbye Blue Sky, but don't let that stop you from doing your own. I like the idea of giving Stu multiple options to choose from.

Plus, I'm already down for about four songs right now and I don't want to look like a disc hog :D

Hey, Stu...how many songs are still needed that I can try to whip out? LOL...
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Volume 2 to include The Wall! - help needed!

DOH! Sorry Barney, I forgot to put it on the list :oops: please do still go ahead with it if you want to, Im sure Mossy wont mind if I need to hold his one over for Volume 3 to balance out the number songs a bit more equally, db_intheflesh has done the song too but I know hes able to do more tunes so we can still even things up there.

Is there any news on The Trial backing?

The remaining songs that no one has put their names down for are...

The Thin Ice
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
One Of My Turns
Dont Leave Me Now
Another Brick In The Wall 3
In The Flesh (2)
Stop
Outside The Wall

When The Tigers Broke Free
The Last Few Bricks

I do have a version of Thin Ice that Ive done if need be so that would leave 7 songs needed plus Tigers and Last Few Bricks, phew, we're getting there, I just hope the people that have asked to be put on the list deliver.
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

i hope someone does 'one of my turns'...'cause i'll record the speaking bit this afternoon.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

ally wrote:i hope someone does 'one of my turns'...'cause i'll record the speaking bit this afternoon.
Excellent, please do go ahead Ally, I do actually have the second half of the song, ''Run to the bedroom....'' onwards, I can put together the first half and get someone to record the vocal so if you can do the speech part we'll be able to get something of a collaboration going on it.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I could do some speaking parts if there are any left.
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

also, stu, did you finish "let there be more light" with my speaking part?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

ally wrote:also, stu, did you finish "let there be more light" with my speaking part?
Yep :D there is a little more Id like to add to it tho at the end which I must get round to soon, I'll mail you over an mp3 when I have that bit done, you'll think its er...different :D
jambo wrote:I could do some speaking parts if there are any left.
Go for it! the only speaking part taken is the ''oh my god what a fabulous room...'' part so if theres anything else there that you want to do you can fire me over some mp3s at [email protected] , you can use some of the speech from the film if you like, would be nice to have Bob Hoskins 2 immortal words just before Comfortably Numb :wink: