Volume 2 to include The Wall! - help needed!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

jambo wrote:I could do some speaking parts if there are any left.
I think you should record the schoolmaster parts in an Aussie accent.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
ally wrote:i hope someone does 'one of my turns'...'cause i'll record the speaking bit this afternoon.
Excellent, please do go ahead Ally, I do actually have the second half of the song, ''Run to the bedroom....'' onwards, I can put together the first half and get someone to record the vocal so if you can do the speech part we'll be able to get something of a collaboration going on it.
*ahem*

(whistles nonchalantly.)
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

In the unlikely event that "is there anybody out there?" doesn't turn up,please let me know as I've just done a version.
Hope the Wall project comes together for Vol 2.I see that Pig Floyd are planning to perform The Wall at the NPF Brighton show-maybe they could fill in the odd gap?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Neil1567/2 wrote:In the unlikely event that "is there anybody out there?" doesn't turn up,please let me know as I've just done a version.
Hope the Wall project comes together for Vol 2.I see that Pig Floyd are planning to perform The Wall at the NPF Brighton show-maybe they could fill in the odd gap?
got an 30 second mp3 sample? :D
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

jambo wrote:
Neil1567/2 wrote:In the unlikely event that "is there anybody out there?" doesn't turn up,please let me know as I've just done a version.
got an 30 second mp3 sample? :D
I'd send you one if I knew how to cut it up into chunks! I'm really sorry,I'm a bit of a techno numpty!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Neil1567/2 wrote:
jambo wrote: got an 30 second mp3 sample? :D
I'd send you one if I knew how to cut it up into chunks! I'm really sorry,I'm a bit of a techno numpty!
Technologically impaired :P
Lexxy
Blade
Blade

Post by Lexxy »

I'd be happy to contribute a guitar track for anything if its needed :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK, Vera is up for grabs again, heres what we need....

The Thin Ice
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
One Of My Turns
Dont Leave Me Now
Another Brick In The Wall 3
Vera
In The Flesh (2)
Stop
Outside The Wall

When The Tigers Broke Free
The Last Few Bricks
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You know...as much as I like myself (and I DO like myself,) even I gotta say that's a big gap to fill.

Now...I think I can do SOMETHING with all of that myself in the time I have allotted, but that'll give me such a presence on this volume that it'll look like I think I "AM" NPF.

Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

If nothing else, let's get some collaborative effort going on. I'll do vocals and/or guitars for anything on this list anyone wants to do.

In the meantime, if in...say...three or four days, there aren't a bunch of people jumping on this, I'm going to start working on them as more contributions from Keychain Logic.

Stu and I have joked about offering a bonus disc of mosespa contributions with Volume Three, anyway. :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Ah yes, collaborations, that reminds me, I must finish the first half of One Of My Turns, I have the ''Run to the bedroom...'' section onwards from Pig Floyd, any news on the ''fabulous room'' speech Ally? so if your still game Mossy for vocals on the first half that'll give us a 4 member collaboration going (if you'll pardon the expression :lol: ).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I still must record Teh SHow Must Go On. I have pretty much sorted the arrangement but will just have to record the devil. I think I will try and do it this weekend and, hopefully, borrow a friends guitar to record some geetar on it too!! Although the arrangement is a more piano, strings and pad sort of affair!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Well my mic has been screwing up lately, making the speakers emit a high pitched whizzing noise when thay are within about 2-3 metres of the computer. So that means no Aussie accent for the schoolmaster :( .
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

jambo wrote:Well my mic has been screwing up lately, making the speakers emit a high pitched whizzing noise when thay are within about 2-3 metres of the computer. So that means no Aussie accent for the schoolmaster :( .
Perhaps turn your speakers down then? :D
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

jambo wrote:Well my mic has been screwing up lately, making the speakers emit a high pitched whizzing noise when thay are within about 2-3 metres of the computer. So that means no Aussie accent for the schoolmaster :( .
Just a question....when you talk into the mic ..does it come thru the speakers?.....You do not need to hear this....what I do is Run my mic to the Line in ( I use a small mixer ).....in the volume properties I do not have the line in checked in the Playback.....I only have it checked in the Recording section :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, you dont need to "monitor" your mics output (be able to listen to it amplified) if you are just recording a vocal track. 8)