NPF Live Show September 2006!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

NPF Live Show September 2006!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hey folks, I am delighted to announce that today I was able to secure the venue for the 2006 NPF live show. It will take place at the Komedia in Brighton, England on Saturday September 23rd. The venue is much larger and much more professional than this years Portland venue and includes inhouse engineers, projection screens, top PA equipment and a capacity of 500! The event will be an (almost) all dayer running from 4pm through to 2am. The venue attracts many big names in music and comedy, for a look at the Komedia please follow this link...

http://www.komedia.co.uk/gallery.php?page=tour

I will be entering into negotiations over the coming weeks to arrange discounted accomadation for NPF members that wish to stay for the full weekend, more details will be available soon.

Slots are available for performers to play at the event, be it a 10 minute acoustic set or something lengthier and more elaborate with a full band. If you would like to participate please e-mail me at [email protected]

I will keep you all informed as more details unfold.

See you there!
Stu.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Sun May 28, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I like the sound of this NPF convention idea Stu, I hope I'll be able to get down there. :D
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Komedia is a great venue - sounds a great weekend
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Looks great!! Very professional. With it being a more professional venue, will there be a requirement to sign a declaration that we "own" or have paid for the copyright to perform the songs live? I remember signing such things when I was in a band!

Great venue! I am looking forward to it!! 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Keith Jordan wrote:With it being a more professional venue, will there be a requirement to sign a declaration that we "own" or have paid for the copyright to perform the songs live?
Its not a problem Keith, the venue takes care of that side of things, they've been very helpful, they do put on a lot of tribute nights and know the score.

So, will you be playing Mr Jordan?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I have, this evening, informed my manager that I intend to be taking a trip to England this September...so "kill me" on the schedule.

It would be pretty cool if I had a band to back me up. Would anyone be interested in being my "surrogate band" on the evening in question? I'd like to do my "punked up" cover of Pigs (3DO) as well as my forthcoming interpretations of Have A Cigar and Nobody Home.

But, a solo acoustic performance is doable, also.

How long will people have to perform?

This will SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCK, gang.
Last edited by mosespa on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:So, will you be playing Mr Jordan?
It would be rude not to! I have time to put something together this time round as I have not just split up from being in a band!! 8)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

This sounds exciting :D
It's long time to September but I'm hoping by then I'll been in some sort of band but a solo performance would be as equally great. Infact put me down as performer :D I'll do it :lol:
I wouldn't mind getting together with other Neptune members and possibly work on a cover ? Honestly if anyone's interested in that then pm me. :) Plenty of time to sort it all out.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

mosespa wrote:Depending upon how long I will have in which to perform, I'd like to do some of my original songs which I will (hopefully) have decent enough recordings of to sell as an EP at the event.
Unfortunately it will have to be all Floyd covers as this is billed as a Floyd tribute night and the punters will be expecting it Im afraid, but please do still bring the EP to sell as we can set up a merchandise stand, perhaps we can even run a competition to design a T-Shirt for the show???

So, things look to be shaping up pretty good so far, heres a list of NPF members that have agreed to perform so far....

mosespa
Keith Jordan
Norbert Wilkins
thrill-seeker
simpledumbpilot
abaker (Mr Baker is new to the site but you will here his band ''Darkside'' on the forthcoming volume 2 CD)
Neil1567/2 (Neil is also new to the site but has contributed an excellent cover of ''If'' for volume 2)

There are still slots available for people to perform so if you would like to step forward or have any enquiries please e-mail me at [email protected] we have 8 hours to fill!! Heres your chance to perform some Floyd in front of 500 people!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

and don't forget me
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

black bobble wrote:and don't forget me
DOH! Sorry, I knew Id forget someone typing it off the top of my head, heres the revised list...

mosespa
Keith Jordan
Norbert Wilkins
thrill-seeker
simpledumbpilot
abaker
Neil1567/2
black bobble
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

This show has been added to the worldwide Pink Floyd tribute gig schedule

http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/cgi-bin/ ... ct=SF;f=20
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Sweet!!

The word's getting out, gang.

I'm TOTALLY jazzed!!
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Post by Markyboyacebassist »

We're looking forward to contributing to a great evening!
PIG FLOYD. :shock:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Im getting a little wild rehearsing for the show at 3:24am with a view to me playing a twin guitar thing with mosespa with Stu on keys. ... first thing they know about it
!!!! 8)