NPF Live Show September 2006!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

This sounds like its going to be an amazing night.

I think I will have to try and badger the other Irish NPF people into making the trip!

Henno, Wiped, Apocalypse beware!!

We are going to Brighton in September!!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

kagee wrote:This sounds like its going to be an amazing night.

I think I will have to try and badger the other Irish NPF people into making the trip!

Yay!! Thats the spirit! Im going to be visiting a few B&B's in Brighton to try and sort out a discount for NPF members at the weekend so hopefully I should be able to get you a good deal.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Very kind of you Stu-good man! We don't need much-we'll sleep on the beach if needs be(as long as Fat Boy isn't playing) Alternatively,I got a good deal stopping at the Hilton Metropole last summer and it was great-perhaps one for the more well heeled of you to try-if you fancy a pool and what-not.
Really looking forward to the show-particularly Pig Floyd's performance of the Wall! What an undertaking! How do you perform it guys? Straight or arranged for kazoo or something?
I see the Aussie PF are doing an arena tour in the Spring-a good chance for us all to hit our local enourmodromes with some flyers!! I'll be doing Sheffield(and Nottingham if they're playing there)Of course we need some flyers first but the speed at which Stu's organising this do suggests that the ink's drying on them as we speak!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I want to stay somewhere with a swimming pool and a jacuzzi!! I also want to turn up in a limousine just to be a chav! :lol: :)
BigDim
Blade
Blade

NPF Convention

Post by BigDim »

Hi, I wasn't aware of last year's show and I've only just registered with NPF, but it sure sounds like it's going to be another rip-roaring success!!

I play bass in Darkside and we're absolutely made up that you'd like us to perform our tribute to the Floyd at this years convention.

I'm really looking forward to it! - can't wait to meet others that have the same passion about Britain's finest supergroup!!

Also, it's great to be included on the second installment of the NPF Tribute CD... going on the comments from the forum it's great to hear how well the first was received.

Great stuff - Shine on 2006!
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Post by Markyboyacebassist »

Neil1567/2 wrote:Very kind of you Stu-good man! We don't need much-we'll sleep on the beach if needs be(as long as Fat Boy isn't playing) Alternatively,I got a good deal stopping at the Hilton Metropole last summer and it was great-perhaps one for the more well heeled of you to try-if you fancy a pool and what-not.
Really looking forward to the show-particularly Pig Floyd's performance of the Wall! What an undertaking! How do you perform it guys? Straight or arranged for kazoo or something?
I see the Aussie PF are doing an arena tour in the Spring-a good chance for us all to hit our local enourmodromes with some flyers!! I'll be doing Sheffield(and Nottingham if they're playing there)Of course we need some flyers first but the speed at which Stu's organising this do suggests that the ink's drying on them as we speak!
We use an alto Kazoo, two tenor Kazoos, one broomstick bass, a banjo, violin & two biscuit tins! check us out! :-({|=
http://www.pigfloyd.com
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Markboyacebassist wrote
We use an alto Kazoo, two tenor Kazoos, one broomstick bass, a banjo, violin & two biscuit tins! check us out!
Nice one! Great site,too.I think I spotted a hint of Flying V kazoo in In the flesh! It's also worth checking out Darkside's site-there's an ace version of Set the controls on it.Should be quite a night in September...
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Neil1567/2 wrote:Markboyacebassist wrote
We use an alto Kazoo, two tenor Kazoos, one broomstick bass, a banjo, violin & two biscuit tins! check us out!
Nice one! Great site,too.I think I spotted a hint of Flying V kazoo in In the flesh! It's also worth checking out Darkside's site-there's an ace version of Set the controls on it.Should be quite a night in September...[/quote

Cheers Neil, we've checked out Darkside's site, great band,we're looking forward to joining them in the evenings tribute to Pink Floyd. :smt035
BigDim
Blade
Blade

MySpace

Post by BigDim »

Hey thanks for passing by the site!

Glad you enjoyed it - any chance of hearing anything from you guys online?

I've not been able to download the NPF tribute discs but we'd really like to hear another spin on the Floyd classics...

Our myspace gets updated every month with another new track, we have about 6 in the can with a work in progress version of One of These Days, believe me, that was a real learning curve!!

Thanks for the great comments!

Please let us know of any other NPF member's MySpace pages that we can add (Cheers to Ironbaden - got you added just now).

See you on the Darkside...
floydianmuso
Embryo
Embryo

Post by floydianmuso »

Hi Stu,

Sorry I've taken a while to get back to you about the september NPF convention but here goes :-

I decided to take a break for a year so the duo are no longer but after speaking with my partner we would love to do a spot.
Our proposed numbers are:-
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Coming Back To Life
Comfortably Numb
We may do another if time allows it.

What are the arrangements for
Alloted Time Slots
In House Public Address System ( any details on it eg. mixer and how are the bands setting up through it )
I could also possibly bring along my Zoom 1602 digital studio to record some of it.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

kagee wrote:This sounds like its going to be an amazing night.

Sorry man , Im off to London in May .... 1 trip to the UK per year for me ....
henno

Post by henno »

definately interested, but cant make any promises yet. new arrival on the way so making plans is a little unrealistic......

but this sounds cracking!!
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Re: MySpace

[quote="BigDim"]Hey thanks for passing by the site!

Glad you enjoyed it - any chance of hearing anything from you guys online?

Hello Darkside, we've put a link to your website on our show list for the NPF convention date, we would appreciate it if you would kindly do the same.

http://www.pigfloyd.com/shows.htm :smt035
bloopster
Embryo
Embryo

Darkside Band

Post by bloopster »

Hi

I had the pleasure to go and see latest tribute band Darkside last week which have been booked for the show in Brighton

Let me tell you all - we are in for a treat . Their attention to detail is fantastic.

See you all there!

Bloopster - Wolverhampton
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Hi

I had the pleasure of seeing the last NPF Tribute night and the band Nonbeliever were great .. especialy the bass player he was the best bass player i have heard in the world , i hope they will be playing this time round

cheers
jonesy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: