One week to go!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

One week to go!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK, we have one more week until the deadline and still a lot of songs on the in progress list! Some of these I am aware of the situation and those people I have had contact with in the last month or so and they know who they are but whats happening with the rest of you? have we been let down? Im not going to have to make a big exclusion list for the subsequent volumes am I? come on folks, at least show a little courtesy, if you need to pull out just tell me, its not a problem, I just want to know where we stand! heres the in progress lists..

Bike (okalucifer)
Crying Song (agois)
Echoes (jonesy)
Flaming (JasonR)
Gunners Dream, the (Luis Chichon)
High Hopes (jgrs90125)
Jugband Blues (pinkfloydfanatic69)
Lucifer Sam (Norbert Wilkins)
Octopus (burnvictim77)
One Of These Days (csmenyhart)
Paintbox (puddletown_tom)
Pillow Of Winds, A (Keith Jordan)
Saucerful Of Secrets, A (JackWillowbee)
Terrapin (didario)

The Happiest Days Of Our Lives (in progress - psychosis)
Mother (in progress - Reakwon)
Goodbye Blue Sky (in progress - Norbert Wilkins)
Goodbye Cruel World (in progress - Any Colour)
Vera (in progress - massed gadgets)
Bring The Boys Back Home (in progress - arabwithknives)
The Show Must Go On (in progress - Keith Jordan)
Run Like Hell (in progress - [jon])
Waiting For The Worms (in progress - studio_chuck)
Stop (in progress - gcough)
When The Tigers Broke Free (in progress - Catharsiss)
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am still working on the show must go on. I have found that the key is a little high to say the least for some parts of it!! lol I will soldier on though. My other one is finished. I just need to do some more on this one! I am 70% sure I will deliver. :cry:
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

I'm in full blown panic mode.

My band broke up, and I've had to record the track myself (which as a tone deaf, five thumbed, talentless noise poluter wasn't easy!) and I'm really struggling with the vocals.

I had a friend who said he could do it, but as it turned he wasn't quite up to it either.

Did you guys really mean it when you said "regardless of talent"?!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I was going to wait until Brick 3 was finished and send everything at once...but, that might take a little longer to work out than we had previously anticipated...so, I'll be dropping a disc with my other contributions on it in the next day or so. That'll cover:

Have A Cigar
Murder
Don't Leave Me Now
Nobody Home
In The Flesh 2
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Floydian Slip wrote:Did you guys really mean it when you said "regardless of talent"?!
Can I just say that I prefer the quirky ones? If every single track turns out to be an earnest soundalike of the original song I for one would be extremely disappointed. Drink some brandy and give it your best Tom Waits/Lou Reed/William Shatner (select according to appropriate vocal range) impression. Works for me...
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

All I need to do is record vocals and then I can send it off. I'm getting a new mic tomorrow so it will be ready soon. 8)
henno

Post by henno »

[quote="Norbert Wilkins"]...William Shatner.... quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

I sent an email with a link to a 24bit wav file of "Welcome to the Machine" 3 days ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. I posted on the forum about it, but no response there, either... :(

This is the email I used: [email protected]

Should I try a different one?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

missbee wrote:I sent an email with a link to a 24bit wav file of "Welcome to the Machine" 3 days ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. I posted on the forum about it, but no response there, either... :(

This is the email I used: [email protected]

Should I try a different one?
I was away last week and am still catching up with things, I came back to a huge pile of CDs, e-mails and PMs for the tribute, on top of that there were trades, personal e-mails, work, some much needed downtime, and of course the pub! 3 days isnt long, patience is its own reward! :D
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

i was a bit worried since "welcome" didn't seem to be on either the submitted list nor the still-waiting-for list...

hope you had a nice restful trip. sounds like things will be a bit crazy for the next week or so!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

missbee wrote:i was a bit worried since "welcome" didn't seem to be on either the submitted list nor the still-waiting-for list...

hope you had a nice restful trip. sounds like things will be a bit crazy for the next week or so!
The trip was a bit manic but good fun, I was following Sparks on tour around England, you might be familiar with them, they're local round your way. As Im here I might as well say that Ive got the cover and again....stunning!!! another beautiful recording that I know everyone will love!

OK, and so to the deadline issues, well, it was today so Im afraid theres no more submissions now, thanks to everyone thats sent songs and of course to those that I know are in transit, as for the people on the in-progress list that couldnt be bothered to let me know what was going on and stood in the way of others doing those particular songs, I'll be drawing up a blacklist with your names on, dont bother stepping up to take part again, its not fair on other people. Right, looks like Ive got some sequencing to do!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

If anyone lets you down and you need my help - let me know

Sparks were great
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

oh i didn't do that speaking bit! :shock: um...
donholme
Axe
Axe

Post by donholme »

simpledumbpilot wrote:

OK, and so to the deadline issues, well, it was today so Im afraid theres no more submissions now, thanks to everyone thats sent songs and of course to those that I know are in transit, as for the people on the in-progress list that couldnt be bothered to let me know what was going on and stood in the way of others doing those particular songs, I'll be drawing up a blacklist with your names on, dont bother stepping up to take part again, its not fair on other people. Right, looks like Ive got some sequencing to do!
Does this meen that the version of one of these days I sent you will be on the CD instead of CSMENYHEART?s ?????
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

donholme wrote:Does this meen that the version of one of these days I sent you will be on the CD instead of CSMENYHEART?s ?????
They have already been in touch with me to let me know what was going on via e-mail and their song is currently in transit, I havent had chance to draw up the blacklist yet but will do soon.